Main Menu

Visual Effects

Started by frvge, May 02, 2011, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knooger

Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 20, 2011, 07:10:20 PM
Sigh* Knooger you went into the wrong went.

I meant that the flash on versus is not realistic cause real life flash doesn't have a white/blue plate looking thing after it falls on the floor -.-

That's why I am hoping that the new flashbang will have something like, the prop after exploding it bounces at very fast speed around the area for few seconds and leaves smoke around the area as well.

You got ever flashed? Because without experience no one on these forums can tell how eyes are reacting for such a thing. I'm pretty sure they hurts you and when u are looking on bright thing then you see kind of weird.

well my bad i know what u are talking about. well white plate is kind of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZM8Mq9ll1g

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KnoogeR on May 20, 2011, 07:35:52 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 20, 2011, 07:10:20 PM
Sigh* Knooger you went into the wrong went.

I meant that the flash on versus is not realistic cause real life flash doesn't have a white/blue plate looking thing after it falls on the floor -.-

That's why I am hoping that the new flashbang will have something like, the prop after exploding it bounces at very fast speed around the area for few seconds and leaves smoke around the area as well.

You got ever flashed? Because without experience no one on these forums can tell how eyes are reacting for such a thing. I'm pretty sure they hurts you and when u are looking on bright thing then you see kind of weird.

Seriosuly dude, what the f*ck are you talking about? What you just said has absolutely no relation to what I am asking -.-

Farley@ That's a very nice point about NVG, though then I think there should be an automatic voice from your teammate built in saying "Throwing Flash!" just as soon as the player who is throwing the flashbang does a mouse click.

knooger

I don't like such a idea as spy, but with frags as merc it could works. :)

Farley4Fan

I actually agree with Knooger.  The frag effect they just showed seems to be pretty bright.  It could "flash" spies using NVG.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: KnoogeR on May 20, 2011, 07:35:52 PM

I've made one, my dad used to do fireworks shows and had all sorts of state regulated chemicals. I can't say for sure that the ingredients were exactly the same as military or law enforcement Flashbang but the effect would be the same maybe just slightly weaker on the homemade version. If you're looking at it when it goes off you wind up with a purple/black spot covering everything you try to focus your eyes on making acquiring a target pretty much impossible as it just gets blotted out by the damaged area of the retina. The sound alone is enough to cause a minor shell shock effect. It feels like someone rammed needles into your ears leaving a very loud ringing and for several seconds after the bang it becomes hard to keep your balance until your inner ear readjusts. Sound also takes on a muffled and flatulent/buzzing quality once the ringing starts to subside. Not a very pleasant and very disorienting experience.

DreadStunLock

See the blue ring thingy on the bottom area? That's exactly what I meant, that's what versus has.(I know, I've been owning people with NoFlash hack for a loooong time :D)

CurdyMilk

Binary:  Since you mentioned that the flashbang causes bad balance, maybe the merc should also slightly sway when he gets flashbanged to disrupt his shooting accuracy?  Or charges could become less efficient?  Just throwing some ideas out there...

Dread:  Just play like a man and dont use noobish hacks.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: CurdyMilk on May 20, 2011, 10:05:21 PM
Dread:  Just play like a man and dont use noobish hacks.

That was a joke......¬.¬

NeoSuperior

well we still have to think about this fact:

The mercs are skilled veterans that probably didn't get flashed for their first time... maybe they even got some kind of "resistence training".
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Zedblade

Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 21, 2011, 02:25:35 AM
well we still have to think about this fact:

The mercs are skilled veterans that probably didn't get flashed for their first time... maybe they even got some kind of "resistence training".

Maybe the mercs went down to a local car shop and got their visor tinted. The spies are officially SOL.

DreadStunLock

B1nArY_001

Binary:  Since you mentioned that the flashbang causes bad balance, maybe the merc should also slightly sway when he gets flashbanged to disrupt his shooting accuracy?  Or charges could become less efficient?  Just throwing some ideas out there...

I think blotting out the merc's vision and making his aim somewhat random for a couple seconds would be a nice balanced effect.

Making his response to player input sluggish for a few seconds might be nice too but that might have a pretty severe impact on balance making him very easy to grab. Hindering his movement speed by 15-20% if the flashbang goes off within a certain radius of the Merc might help simulate the off-balanced effect while maintaining gameplay balance. A diminishing return on this effect might be required to keep a Spy from placing the Merc in a constant state of hindered movement until he is out of flashbangs though.

The random aim effect simulating the disorientation caused by the bang minus the vision obscuring effect would be nice to have when the merc is in EM or Tracking vision as the vision wouldn't protect his ears.

AgentX_003

Quote from: B1nArY_001 on May 21, 2011, 10:13:28 PM
Binary:  Since you mentioned that the flashbang causes bad balance, maybe the merc should also slightly sway when he gets flashbanged to disrupt his shooting accuracy?  Or charges could become less efficient?  Just throwing some ideas out there...

I think blotting out the merc's vision and making his aim somewhat random for a couple seconds would be a nice balanced effect.

Making his response to player input sluggish for a few seconds might be nice too but that might have a pretty severe impact on balance making him very easy to grab. Hindering his movement speed by 15-20% if the flashbang goes off within a certain radius of the Merc might help simulate the off-balanced effect while maintaining gameplay balance. A diminishing return on this effect might be required to keep a Spy from placing the Merc in a constant state of hindered movement until he is out of flashbangs though.

The random aim effect simulating the disorientation caused by the bang minus the vision obscuring effect would be nice to have when the merc is in EM or Tracking vision as the vision wouldn't protect his ears.

But B1nary I know this isn't CT but why would a flash bang affect EMF ?? :|?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

B1nArY_001

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 21, 2011, 10:24:12 PM

Re-read what I wrote very carefully. especially the part I've highlighted in red........

AgentX_003

Quote from: B1nArY_001 on May 21, 2011, 11:15:47 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 21, 2011, 10:24:12 PM

Re-read what I wrote very carefully. especially the part I've highlighted in red........

my bad :D sorry xD I guess i shouldn't try to read when partly dazed / groggy xP

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD