Tick Tock for IMMEDIATE RELEASE (site, camnet concept art)

Started by frvge, August 14, 2009, 09:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Tick.. Tock..
Ti..wtf? Immediately?

If you're not able to celebrate the games in Cologne, join the party at the restyled www.projectstealthgame.com :) We also got one new Concept Art :D

edit: post your comments and site bugs here. I'll be at GamesCom but I'll hopefully have some time to reply and fix them.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

Really nice stuff there, I'm liking this a lot :). However, I would say some of the grammar needs to be improved, and that there's one thing in particular that I think has been overlooked. It is said that mercanaries work for the highest bidder in the character description, but it is portrayed in the briefing of the Lakehouse map that the mercanaries are part of an organisation doing some work for a 'top gun at a fancy company'.

Other than that, really nice website :).

Tidenburg

Also, is that soundtrack different? It's awesome, sounds very metal gear solid-ish.

frvge

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on August 14, 2009, 09:49:05 PM
Really nice stuff there, I'm liking this a lot :). However, I would say some of the grammar needs to be improved, and that there's one thing in particular that I think has been overlooked. It is said that mercanaries work for the highest bidder in the character description, but it is portrayed in the briefing of the Lakehouse map that the mercanaries are part of an organisation doing some work for a 'top gun at a fancy company'.

Other than that, really nice website :).

You are correct. In this case, the Merc sold his skills to an organization. But in theory, he's free to do whatever he wishes.

edit: this makes sure there's no real background to the Merc... he can be in conflict with his previous 'Lakehouse' employer in another map... Stuff like "You protected the info we needed causing us to fail in the Lakehouse, so now WE need protection of our HQ against the arms dealer".
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

the top gun at a fancy company is the highest bidder. They are a group of Mercs who are hired by anyone able to pay their high price and in need of their service.

That's why they are called... mercs...

and what exact is the grammer that needs improved?

Quote from: Tidenburg on August 14, 2009, 09:51:05 PM
Also, is that soundtrack different? It's awesome, sounds very metal gear solid-ish.

I'ts a new track, but it's a PS song. We are going to have a full soundtrack, right now I don't thing we really have a official 'theme song.' though.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

I really like the site, really good for promotional purposes and drawing more people into this mod.

Quote from: Zedblade on August 14, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

At merc discription:

Frag Grenades

The MKV-203 is a high-explosive fragmentation grenade and is launchable from a standard M203 frenade launcher. However, unlike the standard M203 shell, the MKV-203 is detonated by a timed solid-state fuse rather than by impact. This timed fuse allows the user to launch the gernade into hard to reach locations by banking it off of objects, walls and ceilings (don't you mean bouncing it off objects, walls and ceillings? Might be me but this little sentence makes my head butthurt).

RF-Tracker

The RF-Tracker or 'Tracker' is a portable security device using a laser trip-wire to sense when an intruder has passed within range. When the laser is interrupted a small radio frequency tracking module is fired at the target via compressed air, attaching itself to the target. Once active, the module provides telemtry (telemetry? telemtry is not recognised by answers.com) data for a limited time.

Also, the discription for Lakehouse, the reason why the spies are there (to bug the computer server) seems a bit silly. Aslong as the spies are not seen by the mercs during the round it's fine, but how can they possibly success if a merc spots them? They go hack 4 terminals and the round is won by the spy but don't the mercs figure out they're after the terminals?

frvge

Fixed within an hour I think... or when I am done with my break xD.

Banking changed to bouncing.

Story was never a problem for the stuff in CT. It's just an intro/setting. ;)

editL typos fixed. Thanks for noticing.

AgentX_003

I just jizzed in my pants seeing the new model for camnet , Pwns Ubi so hard and FINALLY DOESNT LOOK LIKE THAT FUCKING GOD FORSAKEN EYE  LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF LORD OF THE FUCKING RINGS

OH OH OH .     

sidenote: now spies have to be more paranoid :D cause it isn't so conspicuous , and very tiny :O !!!

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

VaNilla

the top gun at a fancy company is the highest bidder. They are a group of Mercs who are hired by anyone able to pay their high price and in need of their service.

I'm not talking about that specific passage. Most of the descriptions have a few grammar problems in them, if you want I can correct them all and see what you think ;). For example, this would sound better:

QuoteDisplace International (It sounds better to be specific about the company IMO) have bid the highest price. The Mercanaries are a group of highly trained individuals who offer their services to those who can meet their demands, no questions asked.

If not sure if this exact passage is on the website anyway, I couldn't find anything from it except for 'Top gun' as seen below.

Quote from: Project Stealth WebsiteAn egocentric and obviously paranoid top gun at some fancy company has paid us good money to watch over a vacation spot before he gets there.

Zedblade

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on August 15, 2009, 03:10:42 PM

I'm not talking about that specific passage. Most of the descriptions have a few grammar problems in them, if you want I can correct them all and see what you think ;). For example, this would sound better:

QuoteDisplace International (It sounds better to be specific about the company IMO) have bid the highest price. The Mercanaries are a group of highly trained individuals who offer their services to those who can meet their demands, no questions asked.

If not sure if this exact passage is on the website anyway, I couldn't find anything from it except for 'Top gun' as seen below.

Quote from: Project Stealth WebsiteAn egocentric and obviously paranoid top gun at some fancy company has paid us good money to watch over a vacation spot before he gets there.

Most of the stuff will be ironed out as time goes by, the site wasn't suppose to go up for another few days, but frvge had to rush to put it up becuase of Worth playing posted our press release for gamescon earlier then we thought. Once we finally get slowhand back (our writer) maybe we can make it more of a coherent, better written piece. Untill then... meh.

Bubbaganoosh

"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Spekkio

Very nice site, very well done in terms of layout, graphics, etc. Everything is easy to read, find, and navigate through.

There are some minor grammar mistakes that still need ironing out, and yes I'm too lazy to go copy/paste them all right now (plus it's 1 am).

Another small detail is that there are no "U.S. Commandos." I know that this game is far from realistic, but you could've at least picked one of half a dozen or so special operations or special forces units that actually exist -- Army: Ranger, Green Beret, Delta Force. Marine: Recon, scout sniper. Navy: SEAL, EOD Air Force: I don't even know what they call their special forces. The AF is gay anyway.

On the spy end, one is a "former soldier," not an "ex-soldier." Former soldier is rather indistinct anyway, but whatever. Small detail, I know, but you know how the 12 year olds jizz over military authenticity in games; ie, it'll attract them to play the game. The fact that you include a line about the spy selling his skills to the highest bidder makes him sound a lot like the mercs; I think you should just keep the CIA angle rather to further distinguish the two sides.

Nitpicky stuff, but easily fixed and will give a more polished feel to the site.