Main Menu

2 suggestions

Started by Zleith, January 17, 2010, 05:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

The best idea is to have spectator mode limited to your team in-game to prevent unfair advantages, and to allow demo-recording of both teams to allow better options for directors. A system as expansive of SourceTV demos and rendering out of the engine would be useful, but as far as I know this is already allowed by UT3's system.

Savior20061

Quote from: Gui Brazil on January 18, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
Quote from: Savior20061 on January 18, 2010, 06:08:20 AM
Hay Espania Espanol y Argentina Espanol diferente?

Almost the same with a few different words, just like american/british/aussie/irish/canadian/whatever english.

quote author=Savior20061 link=topic=2037.msg43470#msg43470 date=1263791300]
Quote from: Zleith on January 17, 2010, 07:30:10 PM
Savior@
its not yo estudiar espanol
its yo estudio espanol xD

Ha, you're screwed. Learning to conjugate verbs in latin languages is just...fucked up.
Luckily, I've had more than a few rounds of Latin. Once upon a time, I could actually translate Greco-Roman symbols into the alphabet and translate the words from that. Took me a long time though. So I'm kind of used to the pronoun-based endings. =D
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Roberto1223

i think those are 2 good suggestions

Zleith

thx to all for the answer
savior:
yes ,actually a few words are diferents
here we dont use "tu" ,we use "vos"
nice spanish ,i can understand what are you saying

Westfall

Quote from: LennardF1989 on January 17, 2010, 08:29:06 PM
I have already implemented a spectator feature, instead of joining a team in the lobby, you can choose to join "the spectators" to view the match from any point you wish.

I do not plan to give people ingame the feature to switch teams on demand (between merc <-> spy <-> spec), besides the debug feature of it. It's also not practical to make every gameplay decision we will have to make a host decision, I would go crazy if I had to go through a 100+ item list to setup a server.

The possibility of spectators being able to chat with the "live" ones will become a choice of the host (dead includes dead people).

I would still be cautious with any type of spectator Mose since Teamspeak reigned so supremely in CT and practically tarnished every game. I don't need other members if the opposite team or outside pals giving away positions or my current path as I'm moving forward. When you die, the screen should go black and voice chat should be cut in game. There should be no outside spectate view due to TS. If that's the case you van easily count ne out of PS. I thought we talked about fixing something like this, instead Lennard just told me it's already working towards the latter. WTF

HELL NO TO SPECTATE NODE IR ANY TYPE OF COMM ONCE DOMEONE DIES/KO. Thought that might be easy for the debs to understand since it was so weak in CT.

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: frvge on January 18, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Red, it's kinda simple to figure out the enemy's winning tactic that way. Personally, I don't think that's a good thing. There's only a certain number of 'good' tactics and with a demo function like you propose, those will be available to all very quickly. I think teams that spend time to think tactics through shouldn't have to worry about random people spying on their strategies and then simply copying them. They should try out their own ideas about good tactics to make their own, or find the same as before. But there has to be at least some effort.

Huh? Everyone's gonna work out your super secret strat anyway. All this does is make it harder for anyone new to learn how to play. I thought you wanted this game to be accessible, but now you're coming up with this secret keeping bullshit? Does not compute. :/

frvge

Accessible does not mean giving away strategies that work well. There is a reward for finding them: more wins. I am personally a fan of easy to learn, hard to master. The mastering would be the strategies.

Some think we should cut to the other team member's camera and basically copy that to your own screen, including the currently active vision mode. That way, Teamspeak etc won't give anyone an advantage because you see what your partner sees. Ok, maybe Teamspeak isn't hackable, if we implement that. I think that 'feature' was really underused, like the binoculars.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Yeah the "super secrets" and strategies would be found easier- but then again the more you play the more you learn from experience anyway.  It's just that people can learn faster.  This is good because we don't want to scare away all the new people right away by owning them immediately.  Then our community would be way too small- we are going to need a lot of new people to start playing as well.  It is an easier tool for them.  My only suggestion is to not make the demo so thorough that almost all the experiences are discovered before the game is even released.  It gives more incentive to uncover the new mysteries once we get the full game.  :o

Easy to learn and hard to master.  Perfect statement. ^^ (Oh yeah it would be sweet to make the binoculars actually matter in PS unlike SCCT)

frvge

Demo? We're an indie, so we'll release private/public betas. I think that counts as a buggy demo. Haha.
It's not like there are any spoilers of story or something.

edit: I'm "playing" (read: sliding around in 1st person) the latest build right now, and it's nothing that a non-dev would enjoy yet :P But it's coming :).
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: frvge on January 18, 2010, 11:05:03 PM
Demo? We're an indie, so we'll release private/public betas. I think that counts as a buggy demo. Haha.
It's not like there are any spoilers of story or something.

edit: I'm "playing" (read: sliding around in 1st person) the latest build right now, and it's nothing that a non-dev would enjoy yet :P But it's coming :).

Yeah I meant beta not demo...that's good

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: frvge on January 18, 2010, 10:54:04 PM
Accessible does not mean giving away strategies that work well. There is a reward for finding them: more wins. I am personally a fan of easy to learn, hard to master. The mastering would be the strategies.

Yeah, refusing to help new players become good, that's exactly what this game needs to get a big playerbase.

Hey new guy, I could give you advice so you could become as good as me, but instead, I won't! You'll have to work it out yourself because I'm certainly not sharing my video game mastery secrets!

How seriously do you take winning at games?

AgentX_003

Quote from: Westfall on January 18, 2010, 09:35:00 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on January 17, 2010, 08:29:06 PM
I have already implemented a spectator feature, instead of joining a team in the lobby, you can choose to join "the spectators" to view the match from any point you wish.

I do not plan to give people ingame the feature to switch teams on demand (between merc <-> spy <-> spec), besides the debug feature of it. It's also not practical to make every gameplay decision we will have to make a host decision, I would go crazy if I had to go through a 100+ item list to setup a server.

The possibility of spectators being able to chat with the "live" ones will become a choice of the host (dead includes dead people).

I would still be cautious with any type of spectator Mose since Teamspeak reigned so supremely in CT and practically tarnished every game. I don't need other members if the opposite team or outside pals giving away positions or my current path as I'm moving forward. When you die, the screen should go black and voice chat should be cut in game. There should be no outside spectate view due to TS. If that's the case you van easily count ne out of PS. I thought we talked about fixing something like this, instead Lennard just told me it's already working towards the latter. WTF

HELL NO TO SPECTATE NODE IR ANY TYPE OF COMM ONCE DOMEONE DIES/KO. Thought that might be easy for the debs to understand since it was so weak in CT.

Amen. I think though that if the voice quality were crystal clear as TS or Ventrillo , that would solve the problem perhaps, now im not saying 100 percent but I did go around asking various people who use teamspeak / ventrillo , that if the voice quality if made crystal clear would improve things, Majority said no they wouldn't.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

LennardF1989

I've never said gameplay decisions were already made. We are very well aware of the 3rd party communication programs messing up the gameplay.

IMHO that's not really something of our concern to conquer. If people want to "cheat" by using other tools other than actual hacks (which we can detect on native level now), we can't actually stop them from doing so.

Westfall

It would easily be helped with no spectator mode, unless allowed by host. Should be a server option, not something checked in every player's options.

MR.Mic

Spectator mode should be allowed/disallowed in a server option. Hopefully disallowed by default.
Every competition-oriented shooter has an option like this.
Some counter strike servers will even force your screen to black until the match ends.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]