Main Menu

PSP questions

Started by goodkebab, November 19, 2010, 02:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodkebab

Just got a hand-me-down PSP ...and noticed it has a really bad framerate 10fps or so...making it unplayable and really long load times (10 minutes for Daxter).

How to speed things up?  I cant believe this would be the expected standard for it.  

model version 1004  if it helps.  (no umd cache)

also, do you play directly off of the disk?  or do you save the game manage to play of of memor stick for better performance?

DreadStunLock

I used to have one of those, and quite frankly I just asked for them to change mine where I bought it in UK, and the other one was better, it had at the very least 30-45 FPS, try doing that?

Also this guy has a great settings configuration guide: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/473142

goodkebab

ah great...yeah that solved the problem...cheers for the link.  Turns out the CPU speed was set to the lowest setting.

DreadStunLock

You will always wonder why on earth they do that....

Farley4Fan

That's weird.  It wasn't set to the lowest setting when I bought it new.  Why on earth would someone reduce it?

Edit:

Anyone wanna buy a PSP?  It's a couple years old.  Minimal use, good condition, not really any scratches, and I'll include Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Splinter Cell: Essentials (if I can find it), and I'll throw in some old baseball game for free.  Forgot the name.  MLB 2k8 I think.

Asking for 120 bucks.  We can negotiate through PM's, I'll send pics etc...  Lemme know if any of u are interested.  Sorry for advertising if this qualifies haha

unskilled

Battery should work longer on slow CPU settings.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: KnoogeR on November 19, 2010, 07:27:28 PM
Battery should works longer on slow CPU settings.

I guess if he used it for music/video or something, not games.  Makes sense.

LennardF1989

PSP Phat FTW. I recommend installing 5.00 M33-6 on it, goodkebab, if there isn't already. It introduces the use of homebrew applications of which some are real gems (GBA emulator, DOSBOX, ScummVM, etc)

And ISO's of bootleg games ofcourse ::)

If the PSP already contains a Custom Firmware, that makes it a lot easier. I DO recommend getting a 512MB stick (official) and perhaps the DATEL Service Battery so you can make a Pandora Battery with Magic Memory stick which is very handy to fix (semi)-bricks, which can occur on older PSP's.

goodkebab

like i said...it was a hand me down  and the guy that had it doesnt have a clue about electronics   (father in law).  Was a gift for my 7yr. son and its in mint condition.

Ah wicked...yet another thing to mod!

Its an older generation PSP i think...only  v1004  and not the newer ones with faster CPUs.  Can you still mod it for current gen apps?

First got to get the basterd connected to the net before installing anything?

LennardF1989

Quote from: goodkebab on November 20, 2010, 10:58:45 AM
like i said...it was a hand me down  and the guy that had it doesnt have a clue about electronics   (father in law).  Was a gift for my 7yr. son and its in mint condition.

Ah wicked...yet another thing to mod!

Its an older generation PSP i think...only  v1004  and not the newer ones with faster CPUs.  Can you still mod it for current gen apps?

First got to get the basterd connected to the net before installing anything?
Catch me up on Xfire later today.