Tick Tock for IMMEDIATE RELEASE (site, camnet concept art)

Started by frvge, August 14, 2009, 09:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I <3 U

loooking at all the lakehouse screenshots it looks pretty big. graphics for it look awesome..

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: Spekkio on August 18, 2009, 06:54:33 AM
Very nice site, very well done in terms of layout, graphics, etc. Everything is easy to read, find, and navigate through.

There are some minor grammar mistakes that still need ironing out, and yes I'm too lazy to go copy/paste them all right now (plus it's 1 am).

Another small detail is that there are no "U.S. Commandos." I know that this game is far from realistic, but you could've at least picked one of half a dozen or so special operations or special forces units that actually exist -- Army: Ranger, Green Beret, Delta Force. Marine: Recon, scout sniper. Navy: SEAL, EOD Air Force: I don't even know what they call their special forces. The AF is gay anyway.

On the spy end, one is a "former soldier," not an "ex-soldier." Former soldier is rather indistinct anyway, but whatever. Small detail, I know, but you know how the 12 year olds jizz over military authenticity in games; ie, it'll attract them to play the game. The fact that you include a line about the spy selling his skills to the highest bidder makes him sound a lot like the mercs; I think you should just keep the CIA angle rather to further distinguish the two sides.

Nitpicky stuff, but easily fixed and will give a more polished feel to the site.

I don't think we need a dozen of 12 year old fanboys to ruin this mod.

frvge

I just checked and the site works great with IE9 :P Hurray for me and for progress.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Westfall

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on August 18, 2009, 06:26:38 PM
Quote from: Spekkio on August 18, 2009, 06:54:33 AM
Very nice site, very well done in terms of layout, graphics, etc. Everything is easy to read, find, and navigate through.

There are some minor grammar mistakes that still need ironing out, and yes I'm too lazy to go copy/paste them all right now (plus it's 1 am).

Another small detail is that there are no "U.S. Commandos." I know that this game is far from realistic, but you could've at least picked one of half a dozen or so special operations or special forces units that actually exist -- Army: Ranger, Green Beret, Delta Force. Marine: Recon, scout sniper. Navy: SEAL, EOD Air Force: I don't even know what they call their special forces. The AF is gay anyway.

On the spy end, one is a "former soldier," not an "ex-soldier." Former soldier is rather indistinct anyway, but whatever. Small detail, I know, but you know how the 12 year olds jizz over military authenticity in games; ie, it'll attract them to play the game. The fact that you include a line about the spy selling his skills to the highest bidder makes him sound a lot like the mercs; I think you should just keep the CIA angle rather to further distinguish the two sides.

Nitpicky stuff, but easily fixed and will give a more polished feel to the site.

I don't think we need a dozen of 12 year old fanboys to ruin this mod.

getting anyone to play the game is important... Including your 12 year olds.

Farley4Fan

lol west you just responded to a 7-8 month response.