Mapping: Setting up Objectives

Started by frvge, April 23, 2011, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

I'm very pleased to show you the first glimpse of some custom PS Editor nodes in action. This time, it's about Objectives. We've abstracted the concept of an 'objective' away from the general 'hack a PC/place a bomb/extract a disk' kind of gameplay to give level designers a powerful tool for creating custom scenarios.

Without further ado, I'd like to present you:

Mapping: Setting up Objectives Dev Diary (62 MB, 7:21).

Enjoy!

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Good video, but something's in the video that looks very jittery? It's not very smooth.

But none the less, awesome stuff!

knooger

Good tutorial, making a objectives looks so easy. I like hacking animation and I think you fixed running animation a bit? ;)
But that blur while running it's so annoying ( same thing is in UDK ), it will be disabled ingame?

BTW. Stick all Mapping tutorials somewhere like Milestones in closed topic to make them visible and easy to use for people. :P

DreadStunLock

Also, I think there should be a download button for the video? Hmmm?

frvge

Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Cool!

What can you do with the interracted and interrupted options?  Is there a way to make the objective timer go back to its original time after each interraction or interruption?

Still waiting for the bomb and disk objectives...  8)

frvge

Those are not 'objectives', but interactables, like the hackable PC, a keypad and a button. Once the action is 'complete' you can 'succeed' an objective if you want to.

Tidenburg

Looks simple enough :3

What's a flipboard challenge?

LennardF1989

An internal gametype. It's basically what you do in the CoD4 ship training mission, only instead of wooden enemies, you have real models to shoot (both friendlies and enemies). At the end you will get a highscore.

The node as it is in Kismet allows you to make these kind of levels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv__IHdS-cY (skip to 1:10).

Cronky

I would like to use this. Right meow!

Aside from that, the video was really well done! Intro was nice, explanations were informative, and the examples were varied and practical without trudging on for minutes rehashing the same mechanics. Altogether great. Make more of these.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Are there going to be anymore REALLY soon? Or is that just 1 per month?

frvge

We have at least one other non-mapping planned first. Time will tell.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on April 24, 2011, 11:22:14 AM

Being Non optomistic for a moment :

Ya time will tell when the earth shatters to a billion pieces , then its to late. =/

Seriously I hope we get to see the entire project out before an apocolypse happens / or at least before I die.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on April 24, 2011, 11:22:14 AM

Only 1 video after so long?!

Jesus Project Stealth is falling apart, what happened to all the big tick tocks with ETA's and data chunks that would look like a whole A4 page? :(

Agent@ How on earth did you manage to spell "Optimistic" to "Optomistic" when it's in your Location?!?

frvge

We're trying to get one vid out per week now. But we have some problems with the Merc. I think I can make another Spy vid this weekend :).