Heartbeat sensor + Mine Detection? Read before judge.

Started by DreadStunLock, July 14, 2010, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Hey peeps, so I was playing yesterday and I was wondering....

Why not make a Heartbeat sensor that can track mines while you use it? Now I know it will be like OMAGAD OP! Throw away the mines and use flares...

But, what if adding a limited use meter or even charges? Like for example if with the meter, you can use the Heartbeat normally to track human targets and if you right click to use it, the meter will pop in middle of the screen like a GAS MASK meter feature, that you can only use it for that amount of time till the meter depletes and you can no longer use it to track mines but only to track Humans.

Or you can give it like 3-5 charges, so when you right click it you can only use it when you have it equipped, and once you unequip it you lose that 1 charge. Ofcourse since using the Tazer limits your speed highway, it means mercs can easily shoot you in the head, or charge....Same for standing up, faster walk but you will be easier to spot.

Any ideas?

VaNilla

Mines are specifically there to catch spies off guard, everyone would take a gadget that could spot them; it would make the game too easy.

DreadStunLock

Yeah your right :S I only made the post because I am sick and tired of seeing 300-500 Pingers running through my mines and the mine only explodes for them after 5 seconds or so ><

CurdyMilk

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on July 14, 2010, 02:46:56 PM
Mines are specifically there to catch spies off guard, everyone would take a gadget that could spot them; it would make the game too easy.
This.  It makes the heartbeat sensor way to powerful.  (It is already one of the better gadgets as it is)  The uncertainty factor for spies is also removed which means less suspense.  The proxy mines make noise and blink; the lasers and poisons can be seen with visions.  These hints make the game much more interesting rather than having a detector than does the work for you.

DreadStunLock

There is actually a problem I spotted with that...

Proximity Mines blink, and make sound. Only one problem, they are a bit too quiet on Chaos Theory, what I am trying to say for people that have Laptops they do not have a proper sound card which allows them to use EAX. EAX allows to hear mines almost from anywhere. When I play I can only hear the mine when I am right near it.

I hope there will be something in PS that will give some sort of an advantage to it. Like different system changes to allow everyone to play equally or something :/

unskilled

Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 14, 2010, 07:04:58 PM

Proximity Mines blink, and make sound. Only one problem, they are a bit too quiet on Chaos Theory, what I am trying to say for people that have Laptops they do not have a proper sound card which allows them to use EAX. EAX allows to hear mines almost from anywhere. When I play I can only hear the mine when I am right near it.

I hope there will be something in PS that will give some sort of an advantage to it. Like different system changes to allow everyone to play equally or something :/

As far as I know there won't be EAX in PS and no EAX advantage... mines detector is poor gadget in my opinion, you should learn basic mines and be carefull on your every step.

Gawain

there's no gameplay benefit in adding this "feature".

DreadStunLock

Quote from: unskilled on July 14, 2010, 08:02:04 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 14, 2010, 07:04:58 PM

Oh jesus christ can someone approve this? Like seriously pretty please? I had a horrible time getting banged by a headshot just because I pressed shift and quickly slided down when using a ladder O o.

As far as I know there won't be EAX in PS and no EAX advantage... mines detector is poor gadget in my opinion, you should learn basic mines and be carefull on your every step.