Tick Tock (Lakehouse Teaser) complete

Started by frvge, April 24, 2008, 01:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I <3 U

I just thought the mercs skin was oddly pale. Like worse than me, and im quite pale^^.

Farley4Fan

Here's a thought:

Why don't you make it so that there is shallow water (a foot or two) you can fall into?  Like the dock leads over a shallow bit and then it gets too deep to fall into?  Once you reach the point on the dock where the boat is parked, you can't go any further in the water.  Of course there would have to be a little ramp that leads in and out of the water then so mercs can get out and back on land.  It would feel a lot less restricted that way.  Any dev, or zed, want to confirm if that's possible?  Would you consider it?

Also, would you like to elaborate what purpose the theater would serve, or what it would be like?

Thanks...

Zedblade

Quote from: Papa Skull on April 26, 2008, 10:18:01 PM
Here's a thought:

Why don't you make it so that there is shallow water (a foot or two) you can fall into?  Like the dock leads over a shallow bit and then it gets too deep to fall into?  Once you reach the point on the dock where the boat is parked, you can't go any further in the water.  Of course there would have to be a little ramp that leads in and out of the water then so mercs can get out and back on land.  It would feel a lot less restricted that way.  Any dev, or zed, want to confirm if that's possible?  Would you consider it?

Also, would you like to elaborate what purpose the theater would serve, or what it would be like?

Thanks...

I"m not going to redo a complicated section of the map just so you can prance through water. Sure It's 'possible' but I'm not goign to consider it.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Papa Skull on April 26, 2008, 08:52:49 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on April 26, 2008, 12:17:46 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on April 26, 2008, 01:38:20 AM
Not really.  It was awesome, but I wish you would have used the final merc/spy versions for the trailer.
What the fuck does it matter, we have our own reasons todo that and there is no reason the explain that to any of you. Live with it.

Damn, chill out, lol.   :D

I thought they were done and I was corrected, my bad.
Nah, the finished versions are ownage. And if that sound too serious, than my bad. I think I should start using sarcasm tags or even more smilies, but then again, we do have our reasons to keep them low-res now ;)

Farley4Fan

Understood^  Lennard, my master. 

QuoteI"m not going to redo a complicated section of the map just so you can prance through water. Sure It's 'possible' but I'm not goign to consider it.

Oh ok, gotcha.  Have anything to say about the theater section of the map?  Sounds interesting to me, hopefully we could sneak through each row of seats.  :-*

Gawain

hey, don't you dare stealing our cinema gameplay ^^

Farley4Fan

Haha that's one of the reasons I was asking about it.

We Can Haz TOO THEeturs!?

Tidenburg

I want that music as my windows startup sound ^^,
Will you ever do soundtrack downloads like other games or is it strictly in-game and no outside release. ME WANT!

Gawain

it kinda reminded me of the cube soundtrack XD

Zedblade

Quote from: Tidenburg on April 27, 2008, 06:32:41 PM
I want that music as my windows startup sound ^^,
Will you ever do soundtrack downloads like other games or is it strictly in-game and no outside release. ME WANT!

That's up to Theo.

Westfall

Quote from: Zedblade on April 26, 2008, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: Westfall on April 26, 2008, 08:37:21 AM
great video of the map.

Spy grabbing the merc looked like he was hugging him. He grabbed him in the mid chest region. Are the animations actually done for the grab?

The initial animation was longer, and it shows the Spy grabbing onto the Mercs vest and using it as leverage to break the neck. It never occured to me that it might look like the spy is hugging the merc without seeing the whole thing.. and it still doesn't. I think you are the one that needs a hug and are just seeing things.

I've watched it a few times now, and I can see how hes grabbing the chest to get a hold of the forehead. I guess I'm thinking more shoulder-neck height for the grab, as opposed to this view. Having problems handling critique Zed? I'll hug you.

Theodore W

I will see what we can do when the proper ps site is ready.

neth

Westfall, I've realised here that showing work in progress to people is completely rubbish idea because they cricitize every single thing they can. The worst thing is that if they saw this game as a final product, they wouldn't even care about details such as - "the part of chest where spy holds his right hand while breaking the neck" or "I don't like spy fishnets!". I mean come on, its heading towards the complete absurdity, just deal with the fact that when someone makes his own game, he introduces his own vision.

Gawain

some criticism may lead to a better game. it's not that the devs couln't handle it, they're major enough.

Zedblade

Quote from: Westfall on April 28, 2008, 07:18:23 AM
Quote from: Zedblade on April 26, 2008, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: Westfall on April 26, 2008, 08:37:21 AM
great video of the map.

Spy grabbing the merc looked like he was hugging him. He grabbed him in the mid chest region. Are the animations actually done for the grab?

The initial animation was longer, and it shows the Spy grabbing onto the Mercs vest and using it as leverage to break the neck. It never occured to me that it might look like the spy is hugging the merc without seeing the whole thing.. and it still doesn't. I think you are the one that needs a hug and are just seeing things.

I've watched it a few times now, and I can see how hes grabbing the chest to get a hold of the forehead. I guess I'm thinking more shoulder-neck height for the grab, as opposed to this view. Having problems handling critique Zed? I'll hug you.

While I did the animation, I never claimed to be an animator and I'm shocked to my balls that people are praising it just a little. I expected OMFG ANIMATION SUCKS THIS GAME SUCK BLAHBLALB

Oh and I do need a hug, just not from you!