Tick Tock (Lakehouse Teaser) complete

Started by frvge, April 24, 2008, 01:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Quote from: Zedblade on May 14, 2008, 08:13:50 PM
Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on May 14, 2008, 07:22:06 PM
Thats absolutely amazing, although I beleive there needs to be more light and dark variation, to elaborate I mean more places that are light and more places that are dark, some of the light levels look too simalar at the moment. Ownage :D.

.............................................FAIL........................................

+1

Farley4Fan

There was plenty of variation from what I saw.  On my monitor it didn't look that dark, but that was most likely my monitor's settings.

.leelu12.

i think tims done a great job on that map. i like its looks just as much as any sc map (and perhaps a little more). Shadows seemed fine to me, but i suck at story, so who am i to know  :P
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

VaNilla

Actually, I don't see how expressing an opinion means I fail, I have to say that's some pretty fucked up logic you have there, ;).

Gawain

stonecoldkilla is kinda right. he mentioned something that catched my eye, too: there are no pitch-black shadows at all. but compared with clubhouse, lakehouse is way way darker anyways, and no1 had a problem with this in club.
though i wonder if it will be possible to disable some of the lights in any way (shooting out, hacking panel, objective,...)?

VaNilla

Thats what I mean Rambo, Clubhouse did have pitch black shadows although it was a light map, so you could still hide properly, this one doesn't seem to have enough of these, if any.

Farley4Fan

I guess it wasn't just my monitor then, I saw a good amount of "Non-pitch-black" shadows... hehe

But there was light variation but it just didn't go to the darkest extremes.

LennardF1989

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on May 16, 2008, 05:02:40 PM
Thats what I mean Rambo, Clubhouse did have pitch black shadows although it was a light map, so you could still hide properly, this one doesn't seem to have enough of these, if any.
Does it matter? Shadows are fine as long as the merc can't see a spy hidden in it IMO.

Cyntrox

Quote from: LennardF1989 on May 16, 2008, 05:25:32 PM
Does it matter? Shadows are fine as long as the merc can't see a spy hidden in it IMO.
It matters because if you turn up your gamma, you'll be able to see everything except pitch black shadows.

BurningDeath

Quote from: Cyntrox on May 16, 2008, 08:32:35 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on May 16, 2008, 05:25:32 PM
It matters because if you turn up your gamma, you'll be able to see everything except pitch black shadows.
Kebab already stated that this will not be possible. ;)

Zedblade

Quote from: .leelu12. on May 16, 2008, 03:42:26 AM
i think tims done a great job on that map. i like its looks just as much as any sc map (and perhaps a little more). Shadows seemed fine to me, but i suck at story, so who am i to know  :P

Why are you referring to me by my first name?

Daybreak

Zed has a first name other than Zed?

Hyrage

Quote from: Daybreak on May 16, 2008, 11:42:37 PM
Zed has a first name other than Zed?
DOn'T know, I thought it was Frack Me  ???
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Zedblade

Doesn't matter what my name is, you should all referre to be what what I am.

and that is Awesome.

Awesome Tim Zedblade III

Hyrage

Quote from: Zedblade on May 17, 2008, 03:02:57 AM
Doesn't matter what my name is, you should all referre to be what what I am.

and that is Awesome.

Awesome Tim Zedblade III
You forgot - MASTER
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."