The Music Thread

Started by monterto, November 24, 2010, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monterto

I've been listenning to alot of different music recently and I decided I would see if I can scrape some insight off of you guys.

So what kind of music do you guys listen to, how do you listen to it and with what?

(Favorite genres, favortite bands, headphones, speakers, music players, etc. etc.)

I guess I'll start. Last week I discovered a band called "The Glitch Mob" and I can say that all their stuff is awesome.  They don't even have a genre! THAT is how cool they are. I strongly reccomend checking out their blog and website, they have tons of free mixes and releases in 320 CBR.

my weapon of choice: Shure SRH 840s >> sony walkman NWA808

http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

puuusianka

You can call me oldfashioned and boring but I prefer old bands like:
- the beatles
- deep purple
- Led Zeppelin
- the doors
- pink Floyd
I won't mention all the blues and jazz bands. John lee hooker is my favourite singer.

When it comes to the new bands, have you ever played borderlands? Remember song ' Ain't no rest for the wicked'? It's performed by Cage the Elephant. They have some really nice pieces like 'In one ear'. I really suggest to check them out on YouTube they are amazing!

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on November 24, 2010, 06:20:11 PM
- the beatles
- deep purple
- Led Zeppelin
- the doors
- pink Floyd
I won't mention all the blues and jazz bands. John lee hooker is my favourite singer.

When it comes to the new bands, have you ever played borderlands? Remember song ' Ain't no rest for the wicked'? It's performed by Cage the Elephant. They have some really nice pieces like 'In one ear'. I really suggest to check them out on YouTube they are amazing!

Beatles suck, bunch of mullets ><

LennardF1989

Quote from: DreadStunLock on November 24, 2010, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: puuusianka on November 24, 2010, 06:20:11 PM
- the beatles
- deep purple
- Led Zeppelin
- the doors
- pink Floyd

Beatles suck, bunch of mullets ><
There's nothing wrong with the beatles, music is a matter of taste.

Jazz_117

My usual playlist has all my favorite songs and themes from movies, games, bands and anime.
I try to categorize it so it all fits together, and I don't go from hearing "Anything for You" from Evanescence to "Now We Are Free" from Gladiator. :D

Personally I find heavy metal or loud rock annoying and distracting, so you won't find me listening to much of that.

Most commonly I play music through my computer, which at the moment is a pair of fairly decent headphones or fairly crappy speakers and sub.  Otherwise it's my Sony Mp3 player.

frvge

Trance, Happy Hardcore and so on. And some good movie scores.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

unskilled

Apocalyptica
Metallica
Korn
Vader
Unsun
Rammstein
Necessary Response
A lot of X-Ray Dog, Orchestra, Immediate music.
A lot of polish, russian, german rap and some usa - N.A.S, PIH, Chada, Sumastyli, SÃ...‚oÃ...„, Eldo, Bushido, Nyze, Luniz, Ice Cube...
And a bit of Hardstyle/Hardcore music.
I listen to almost all kinds of music.

From lovely CDs or Lossless audio formats.

Farley4Fan

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Judas Priest
Pantera
Pink Floyd
Queen
CCR
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Rush
Gorillaz

and classic rap like Tupac, Biggie, Geto Boyz, Scarface, Onyx,

but mostly old classic rock.  It's hard to find new stuff that I actually like these days.

Cronky

I play Lady Gaga, Far East Movement, and Slayer at the same time and see which one wins what I call, The Battle of Sound. All this while watching Britney Spears music videos on mute.

I believe it to be a fair fight.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

CurdyMilk

I like all music except country.  Some Rock, Pop, Hip hop, Rap, Jazz, oldies, etc.  Justin Bieber anybody???  LOL jk.  Nobody can top the Black Eyed Peas, but they sound terrible live just like most bands.

AgentX_003

speaking of music, where good ole  theodore teh composer :P ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

Quote from: CurdyMilk on November 25, 2010, 06:51:08 AM
I like all music except country.  Some Rock, Pop, Hip hop, Rap, Jazz, oldies, etc.  Justin Bieber anybody???  LOL jk.  Nobody can top the Black Eyed Peas, but they sound terrible live just like most bands.

The only bands that were good live that I have seen were Iron Maiden and Rush.  I prefer to listen to bands that can handle their own shit live.  Bands that don't fabricate shit with autotune.  I like the Gorillaz though haha

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Farley4Fan on November 25, 2010, 08:11:07 AM

The only bands that were good live that I have seen were Iron Maiden and Rush.  I prefer to listen to bands that can handle their own shit live.  Bands that don't fabricate shit with autotune.  I like the Gorillaz though haha

Bon Jovi - Livin on a prayer, is also great live.

@AgentX: Theodore doesn't like forums as far as the administrators tell me.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on November 25, 2010, 01:52:49 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on November 25, 2010, 08:11:07 AM

Bon Jovi - Livin on a prayer, is also great live.

@AgentX: Theodore doesn't like forums as far as the administrators tell me.

riiiiiiiight.  I wasn't talking about him being on the forums consistantly all the time , I mean we haven't really had any music composistion updates since finger print :/ or lack of having something to knowing that he is still alive  with evidence on modddb / indie db.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD