REALITY CHECK: each person write 1 thing they would like to see in PS

Started by .leelu12., May 15, 2008, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon.-

I have got a solution for jump bug. Normally in CT, when merc jumps and spy tries to grab and/or push him (while merc is in air) happens like nothing, and merc is automatically aimed at spy, and can shoot as well, so at 80% of that situations spy gets pwned. My idea is to make thing like this. When merc is in air and spy pushes him, he just normally fells on the ground, and got to get up(2-3 seconds for both falling and getting up in whole, no thing like sleeping)  If anyone ever got godmode, its like shooting a nade @ urself and after getting hit by nade, u just fall on ground and stands up.

What do you think bout that idea? it would be cool.

Elite Ronnie

Im not sure how a game beeing mod'd {is that a word} works. Like I dont know if there will be servers or if the host is the server but anyway here is mine if its even possible. Dont worry bout ranked and unranked game. Let them all be the same and have a way to track skill levels to make matches competitive. I like playn CT but didnt play unless I played with friends because I always got in a room against 2 pro's and a guy that was worse than me. That would probably be hard to do though.

Farley4Fan

I think that's something you should bring up for discussion Ronnie.  This isn't the place to discuss things though, it's supposed to be only a list.  Just a heads up.  And welcome to Project Steatlh guys.

I would like to be able to swap firing shoulders as a spy with a ss.  I don't understand for the life of me why they didn't include that.

Tidenburg

I <3 U

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 11, 2008, 11:35:04 PM
I think that's something you should bring up for discussion Ronnie.  This isn't the place to discuss things though, it's supposed to be only a list.  Just a heads up.  And welcome to Project Steatlh guys.

I would like to be able to swap firing shoulders as a spy with a ss.  I don't understand for the life of me why they didn't include that.

I think Ronnies post is perfectly acceptable ^^. He said what he wants, and why. I don't see anything wrong with it tbh. :P Oh and welcome to the PS forum Ronnie   ;D.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: FR33M4N on June 13, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on June 11, 2008, 11:35:04 PM

I think Ronnies post is perfectly acceptable ^^. He said what he wants, and why. I don't see anything wrong with it tbh. :P Oh and welcome to the PS forum Ronnie   ;D.

I know that.  I was just saying that if he wants a response or some feedback to that idea then he'll have to make a topic about it.  Because, as said before, this is supposed to be a list.  And we're breaking those rules right now.  Oh well, who cares?

AgentX_003

-1 for Simon in this situation , I can't say how many fingers of euros I wanna break off that bitch about that.

THE JUMP EXISTED IN PANDORA.. IT IS NOT A " BUG" IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM, IF IT WASN'T

MEANT TO BE IN TEH GAME, UBISOFT WOULDN'T HAVE DONE SO =/.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gui Brazil

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 14, 2008, 06:36:52 AM
-1 for Simon in this situation , I can't say how many fingers of euros I wanna break off that bitch about that.

THE JUMP EXISTED IN PANDORA.. IT IS NOT A " BUG" IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM, IF IT WASN'T

MEANT TO BE IN TEH GAME, UBISOFT WOULDN'T HAVE DONE SO =/.

And again...stop being a retard and behave agent...

ved.

- I want the spy being able to taz during a grab
- Merc shouldn't be able to communicate when grabbed

so when 2 merc pass you and you get the 2nd he cant write "grab" n stuff. You are just too vulnerable.
and you could grab and taz the second while your partner is hacking, or taz the merc who's trying to snipe you *crack it* and run.

But didn`t read like 98% in this forum so dont know if its already discussed yet.

frvge

That'd make people use third-party voice comms more.

And tazing while holding a Merc is probably overpowered.
Also, a highly trained Merc can break free if the Spy holds him with only one arm.

Has been discussed already ;)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

InvisibleMan999

I'd like to see launchable spymines that launch like sticky cams, but instead of having to be manually triggered, they trigger by merc proximity. A spy mine wouldn't be explosive, but would be either chaff or smoke.

I can see the uses being pretty nice. Use them to set up getaways where the merc gets smoked at a specific time, or use them to stop yourself from getting sniped with a chaff mine. Spymines would also give off a different tone beeping sound so the merc would know they're nearby.

Probably you'd also want a limit of 1 spymine active at a time, so you didn't get the spy who creates a sudden corridor of smoke mines. That'd be cheesy.

Farley4Fan

Launchable?  Nah.  I'd rather be able to plant the mines by hand.  It would be lame to try and bounce a smoke/frag off of a wall then have it stick and become a mine.  Unless you could switch the firing mode from grenade to mine.  :D  It sounds weird like that.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 14, 2008, 10:52:10 PM
Launchable?  Nah.  I'd rather be able to plant the mines by hand.  It would be lame to try and bounce a smoke/frag off of a wall then have it stick and become a mine.  Unless you could switch the firing mode from grenade to mine.  :D  It sounds weird like that.

Well placeable I just wouldn't think would be any good. It'd take too long to set up and just wouldn't be all that effective, because a chaff or smoke mine is just going to temporarily slow down the merc or stop him from fragging/sniping you for a few seconds. Now those seconds are cruicial, but if you want to place it quietly it's going to take you quite a bit of time, and likely time you're going to be greatly exposed if your'e placing it along a merc patrol route. Also the fact that the mine beeps increases the chance that the merc will detect you. For spy mines to be useful you've got to be able to throw them down relatively fast. I'm thinking of a situation where you'd fire a spy mine then immediately start hacking. For instance, say on aqua, hacking pirates. If you had a merc up on the pirates bridge, you could lay down a smoke or a chaff to slow him down, or a chaff mine to stop a merc from sniping you from the tech catwalk.

They wouldn't completely KO a merc like a sticky would, but they'd still be able to severely inconvenience a merc and help you make a getaway. More importantly, they'd be a much easier ambush gadget to use. I can see lots of strategic uses for something like this, and I don't think it would be overpowered.

A mine would be pretty nice in that you could throw it down to cover sniping spots to set up an escape route or just plain to tactically hit the merc with chaff so he can't frag you. Since you only get one mine at a time, you'd have to be pretty tactical about where you place it, and the merc may well be expecting it, since he can hear the beeps.

Also it may give a merc an incentive to move slow for certain things.

Also I'm thinking that if someone shoots a spy mine, it just breaks, it doesn't go off. That prevents the spy from using it as a replacement for a chaff.

I don't really think the actual spy grenades need a boost though, so I would make them separate gadgets.  The mines would solely be an ambush gadget, you can't quick drop them or use them in situations when the merc isn't around (like to chaff a doorway).

Farley4Fan

Didn't think about the precious time.  I actually really like this idea.  I'd love to have flash MINES, smoke GRENADES, and chaff GRENADES + hearbeat all in one loadout.  As for the mines beeping, it would add to a lot of strategic uses.  For instance planting a spy mine in a spot that you disabled a merc mine.  That way the merc thinks it's just his mine beeping, then he gets a smoke in his face w/o expecting it at all.  What if you didn't have to take the time to get out your gun and launch it though?  What if you could just throw one down?  That might be great for escaping from a heated chase scenario.

But now that I think about it, only being able to plant one at a time, well it's kind of meh.  Even though it gives you some precious seconds to continue hacking, not even guaranteed seconds, it still takes up a whole slot.  That slot could give you some life saving grenades.  To sort of boost this problem maybe just a slot for Spy Mines in general.  Like a merc, the spy could choose which mine he launches before he launches it.  A smoke, chaff, or a flash.  Maybe some UNIQUE mines.  Like an electric jolt mine?  It could stun the merc for 3-4 seconds like a ss?  Just brainstorming here.  A little sick of just chaff flash smoke effects.

If this doesn't make it into PS1, which it probably won't, then I'd still love to see this in the second version.