****New Spy Gadget Idea ****

Started by AgentX_003, September 01, 2008, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kronf

I might have exaggerated a bit, but point still stands. Its not that hard to meet up and remove, but its not as easy as you say. I'll say it again its fine as it is.

QuoteI wanted to emphasize this part, and add that it is actually easier for a merc to get rid of a bullet when he is tagged than it is for a merc to get rid of a well-placed bullet in some hidden part of the map. However, tagging a merc is generally more difficult than tagging a static part of the map when no one is looking. That, right there, is backwards.

Having a tagged merc is much more advantageous than a bullet in some "hidden spot".

Westfall

Quote from: kronf on September 18, 2008, 10:10:45 PM

Having a tagged merc is much more advantageous than a bullet in some "hidden spot".

mmm...wouldn't say much more. It does have its advnatages and yes its nice to know where the merc is when he's tagged, but if you're about to hack and you have well placed bullets, you know when to bolt out of there. ESPECIALLY if you already saw the merc go a certain direction.

Spekkio

QuoteHaving a tagged merc is much more advantageous than a bullet in some "hidden spot".
No one is saying otherwise. However, it is currently easier to place a bullet in a hidden spot than it is to tag a merc, yet it is easier for the mercs to remove the bullet than to shoot one in a hidden spot.

I think you're under-estimating the fact that tagging a merc means that the spy must reveal himself, which means that he's opening himself up to being shot as well as being pursued. Fat lot of good a "tagged" merc is when you know where he is since he's shooting at you.

kronf

QuoteNo one is saying otherwise. However, it is currently easier to place a bullet in a hidden spot than it is to tag a merc, yet it is easier for the mercs to remove the bullet than to shoot one in a hidden spot.

Absolutely true, but whats wrong with that?

QuoteI think you're under-estimating the fact that tagging a merc means that the spy must reveal himself, which means that he's opening himself up to being shot as well as being pursued. Fat lot of good a "tagged" merc is when you know where he is since he's shooting at you.

Not really, you just shock him from a good distance, tag, and run away. It isnt risky at all.

I'm kinda losing your point weren't you saying that insta-removing spy bullets is overpowered or something?

Spekkio

Yes, and I still think that.

What's wrong with that? I don't know, maybe the fact that there's should be a direct relationship between risk vs. reward, not an inverse one.

Secondly, yes, it is risky. Anytime the spy reveals himself he is taking a risk. Additionally, revealing your exact location is not a risk you take when you shoot a spy bullet into a random hidden spot. Yea, some maps have some relatively safe spots for the spies to use to tag mercs (squat comes to mind), but most maps don't.

ChickenSkin

It is far more risky for a spy to tag a merc than it is for a spy to shoot a bullet in a hidden spot. By exposing  themselves they are likely to get shot at and naded etc, its stupid that by tagging a merc, something harder to do and involves more risk possibly even death for the spy,  mercs can remove the bullets way easier than if the spy were to shoot it in a hidden spot. Its backwards.

Gawain

tazing a merc happens quite regularily anyways, it's not like that's a very high risk. besides, you can also shoot bullets on mercs without them being tazed so that there's a good chance they don't notice. bullets on mercs are that strong that with no mutual removal and no boost in ground use you wouldn't see much ground use anymore.