Battlefield 3 teaser trailer released

Started by SteveTheCookie, February 05, 2011, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Quote from: ShadowX on March 11, 2011, 12:15:08 AM
Quote from: frvge on March 11, 2011, 12:05:22 AM
I like Bioware for their art in Bioshock. And Valve for their support. And Blizzard for their RTSes.

Bioware is in my opinion one of the best storytellers at the moment in the game industry.

I don't know why, but Mass Effect story just really came out "Typical", "un-interesting" and without depth.

So far the only games that have an amazing storyline to me are:

Deus Ex GOTY <----Realistic plot, could may as well happen in real life, great depth, loads of information.

Bioshock  <----Quite original, great voice acting, simple but very powerfull emotion.

WoW <---- Almost every area has it's own lore, almost every item you pick up has a story, very huge in-depth explanation of what reacts with what.

StarCraft 2 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Farley4Fan

I don't see how the story can be typical if it can unfold in so many ways according to your choices.  Don't make so many typical decisions.   ;)

And don't forget, the story isn't even finished.

Quote from: Space Manbow on March 11, 2011, 05:48:36 AM
hey have you ever wondered how tali's sweat tastes?

No fucking way did I just read that.

If you guys are ever having issues with your self confidence (winks at a select few), just read this thread.  Should take approximately 1 post until you feel like asking at the hottest girl you know while wearing nothing but fishnets and shades.

DreadStunLock

Yeah but the story ends in Mass Effect 3, as well as the choices are kind of bland because the only thing that changes is the Renegade or Paragon status, nothing else.

Farley4Fan

I kind of disagree.  I get into the story/universe when a choice I made in the first game comes back to haunt me/ pay off.  Even little nods like the girl on illium that says "Hey the Noverian queen says watsup and thanx a bunch k bai" are awesome.  Not many games have the kind of same level of continuity and broadness combined.

My Shephard lived in my first playthrough of ME2 and Thane died.  Next playthrough, totally different outcome.  I don't think a game with so many possibilities can be typical.  I think Mass Effect is more about the characters/arcs than the main story (at least that was the deal in ME2), and the main "typical" story about evil aliens is just a backdrop.

DreadStunLock

Maybe, but teammates deaths don't really change much, even Invisible War was a sucky released game compared to it's prequel, it allowed you to kill anyone, literally as long as they are out in the open, in Mass Effect you can't kill anyone or start a shoot out in a Citadel which is what pissed me off :/