Anyone had one of those days where...

Started by DreadStunLock, April 06, 2011, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

You are just completely bored of games?

I mean any game pops into my mind, I just have this feeling that it sucks.

My friend offered L4D2, I thought in miliseconds, FPS, Kill kill kill, over and over, BORING!

What the hell ???

Has anyone got any good games to suggest, but like really good ones?

Farley4Fan

I've been playing a ton of Super Meat Boy and Shogun 2 to escape from the repetitive killing of the usual games.  Got sucked into Bad Company 2 again a little while ago.

But another thing to do, besides trying those games, is not playing games.

DreadStunLock

I feel ya, I just feel so shit, and I really can't be bothered picking up a gun and aim at someones head :(

Farley4Fan

Seems like you need to flip that.  When you feel like shit you should use games to be able to shoot people in the head.

DreadStunLock

My friends on Fbook just told me I am growing up, f*ck I don't want that :"(

puuusianka

Well time to turn the darkside dread... I also feel like leaveing the gaming arena. I just got bored of ct and the only thing that keeps me on is Darkmod... But it's because I start to get worried about future I guess...

What you need is a game with real good plot. I suggest mafia(the first part not the new one) or thief deadly shadows. Both have great atmosphere and great plot.

LennardF1989

puuusianka

It looks so much like TF is there any real reason to give out money for this?

knooger

Super Meat Boy is awesome, there is free version in shockwave called "meat boy" :)
Try "Angry Birds" super time killer  ;)

Quote from: DreadStunLock on April 06, 2011, 09:20:03 PM
My friends on Fbook just told me I am growing up, f*ck I don't want that :"(

LOL, your friend don't know that men never grows up..
By his theory my father is still a child. :D

Quote from: DreadStunLock on April 06, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
You are just completely bored of games?

I mean any game pops into my mind, I just have this feeling that it sucks.

Nope, I am not but I don't like to stick for too long with new games because they are boring. Older games after little refresh by mods are just great. If I will play anything new I am gonna hit to my friends who are backuping internet  ;D

Quote from: puuusianka on April 06, 2011, 10:24:51 PM
Well time to turn the darkside dread... I also feel like leaveing the gaming arena. I just got bored of ct and the only thing that keeps me on is Darkmod... But it's because I start to get worried about future I guess...

Funny is that to be bored of multiplayer game, especially game like SvM. I play it for years and never got bored just more annoyed of low number of players online.
Well, mby I am searching different things ingame ;)

Just end NWN 1 and in next month I am gonna play another RPG. :P

LennardF1989

Quote from: puuusianka on April 06, 2011, 10:42:47 PM
It looks so much like TF is there any real reason to give out money for this?
Yes, because it's NOT Team Fortress 2. It's a huge misconception people put it in the TF2 clone box. If it's because of the classes, start putting any random FPS with classes into there too then, because they all have a sniper, a guy with a machine gun, one with a normal gun, etc. Besides that, it's a TPS, not a FPS.

Best of all, the game is not about killing each other, which is error #1 most noobs make.

The scenario/objective is pretty simple and this is where the power of the game lies:
- 2 bases, red team and blue team.
- Each base has turret nubs on the ground which can be used to build defenses (by any class, so not just "the engineer looking guy").
- Once the game starts, a stream of bots walks from one base to another.

Goal is to get these bots to the core of each base: the moneyball. After you you manged to get around 4-5 bots onto it, the shield disables and you can shoot it. Get it's health down to zero and win the round. Leave it untouched for a minute, and shields will be restored and you have to start over again.

As long as turrets are around, no bot will ever make it to the moneyball, so you have to work together as a team to get down the opponents base.

Each class is also very dependent on each-other, assassins are good to kill snipers and opposing bot streams, but are vulnerable in combat. Gunner gets everyone down, but a single sniper shot to the head is enough (and pretty easy, too). So if you don't have a good assassin on your team and a good sniping opponent, you're getting harassed pretty badly.

By killing bots/turrets you earn money, money will get you turrets or personal upgrades. The one with most money on the end is on top of the scoreboard (as money tells how well you did, not your kills of other players).

Teamwork is of extreme importance in this game and handling your class as well, being a assassin and dieing 25 times and only killing 3 people mean s you did bad, regardless your money count. Dieing is a sin, we basically say. The only common accepted death is to get the annihalator, which is a button in the middle of the level which destroys the opponents bots (gets enabled once in a while).

Besides that, each class is unique in his own way, the support is Italian for example with own taunts and moves. Besides that, the narrator of the TV-show (which MNC is, basically), Mickey Cantor, is just awesome, [girly voice] aweeeessommmee!!! (which is a inside joke, if you play the game you'll get it).

Has been worth every euro I payed for it, which is not much either, I would say the price is way too low for so much epicness.

PS. Oh, and there are achievement and in-game tags which you can put besides your username to taunt killed players even more (I mean, there is one called "POOF!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKsMnAM8vk).
PSPS. You get TF2 hats for the TF2-horny amongst you. I will not be fooled by things like: "I'm not paying 15 dollars for a few hats", because people do - points at prices in the Mann Co store -

Farley4Fan

I liked Monday Night Combat.  Not a bad game.  The title is perfect for the game because it's totally pick up and play when you are bored.  Lennard you are totally right when you say the noobs always make the mistake of worrying too much about straight up killing.  Objective based games are never usually this easy to get into, which is why I like it. 

DreadStunLock

Is it free? How much does it cost?

By the way, I can never get bored of CT, in fact you can't get bored of it because it's always different. The only reason I can't play it is because Windows 7 does not let me, it keeps crashing on the Profile page :(

LennardF1989

Spark Mandriller

you should play ketsui.

everyone should play ketsui.

DreadStunLock