BF3 Destruction + PS

Started by DreadStunLock, March 03, 2011, 11:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Mandriller

No, see, I wait until a spy dies, and then I walk upstairs, blow a hole in the wall, and nade the spy when he respawns. Then I wait until he respawns and I do it again, and then a third time, and he's out of the game. That's it, done, no way for him to escape. And as soon as the other spy dies, hey, it's time to spawn nade him too. Done.

And no, a ten second respawn isn't enough to get away. Go try it, stand in front of the office ND, and then walk upstairs and nade that wall. Takes a whole lot less than ten seconds, it does.

It could work on some maps, maybe, but on Steel? Nope. Try thinking about things for five seconds before posting next time.

DreadStunLock

Then the spy is a noob for dieng? Seriously if a spy dies instantly once the game starts, well it just shows how good are the players you are up against.

When the spy dies, it's a big IF he dies because for 1 mercenary it will take a while to do that, 1 spy can taze while he is aiming at a different spy and you are standing on the top waiting for them to die, what if he doesn't die? A spy can get down to the train hack in less than 10 seconds and instead he will go down for the PC hack while the other one will hack the other building.

ShadowX

So basicly, with a whole slew of IF's thrown around.. IF the spy dies, he'll get spawn naded unless his partner helps him in a 2v2 gameplay scenario, now you're forgetting the 2nd merc here. And IF the spy doesn't die, the game plays out the same it used to. I'm already seeing a shitloads of balance issues with this idea that it wouldn't even be worth the time, making half the walls indestructible for balance's sake is just contradicting the whole point of making PS have destructible walls everywhere anyway. Leave it to the games at which is makes sense and actually works.

DreadStunLock

Think most of the people are scared of this becoming a reality since this was never done before....everything can be fixed from balance to tactics to graphic visuals. If there are areas that make the map unbalanced, I can add another room, and it will fix the balance of the map.

The possibilities are endless as long as the developers do not remove something that might affect the mapping.

DreadStunLock

So does anyone got any other questions regarding to the destructability?

What about mines? If you place a mine that explodes, you won't be able to place it again, so I think that's quite neat, you actually have to pick the moments and that disposes some of the unbalanced issues with blocking the areas and preventing the mercenaries from camping and fully cornering a spy when he is alone?

frvge

He's gone. Let this be a warning to all. Don't mess around too much with spamming bullshit or low-quality posts and always stay respectful in your manners on the forums, especially towards the developers who are doing this for you. Disagreeing is fine of course, as long as the heated debates don't get too hot.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

B1nArY_001

All post related to this threads recent and complete deriailment have been removed along with the source of the problem. Feel free to continue the discussion.

VaNilla

Damn, I think we just witnessed the end of Charlie Sheen's equivalent. Without the godesses or money :P

AgentX_003

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on March 11, 2011, 12:36:10 AM
Damn, I think we just witnessed the end of Charlie Sheen's equivalent. Without the godesses or money :P

I thought this post would never unlock so therefore b1nary please delete my part 2 post .

as far as this thread , this is what I have to say :

Ok to put this back into perspective before I vomit from the unreasonability/ imbalance
that I have seen through out the comments , let me set the record straight :

1. having to blast through  a wall with 4 nades is just stupid nor is it rational thinking because
    not really alot of people will sit there wasting thier nades just to blow a hole through a wall.
    a gernade blasts through a wall anyway realistically. You seem to forget that even if a merc
    charges through a wall he loses half his health from damage.

2. the idea of spy being spawn naded after he respawns is not rational at all
    because  hello we aren't dealing with ubisoft here: WINNING , hence zedblade made it not possible
    in UMP polarbase not to spawn nade.

3. People who don't have any concept of the game interms of balance please stop posting for the  love of god . I want to drive my skull through a brick wall every time I see the lack of knowledge.

4. I live by the philosphy of kiss and I think the team will live by it as well , Its called Kiss
    and for all those who don't know it means, it's :  KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID , too many of you people
    are trying to change the face of the original intent of PS. That is all I have to say from this palace of 
    wisdom.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Zedblade

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on March 04, 2011, 12:31:56 AM
I personally can't see that working. The mercs are protecting property, the last thing the owner wants is to find a pile of rubble after returning from his holidays.

Actually the Mercs are protecting the Data on the computers, not the building it's in.

PS will have plenty of destruction btw. Just not BF3 anything can be destroyed method. That would be fucking stupid for our gameplay type.

DreadStunLock

I don't even know what the hell is Agent is talking about, but as far as I know it's bashing people and calling them stupid, so that's up to Moderators to figure.

I don't even know which side are you taking.

Enough with the "Mercenaries protecting the property" they are not "Vixen Maids"

And why would this method be fucking stupid? Noone ever accomplished it, so how would anyone know?

Thank god I managed to decipher number 1 from Agent's post, and I do agree with that.

Number 2, I have no clue sorry for the rhyme, but I do not understand wadafak xD

3. No idea, what the hell you blabbering there.

4. Something about philosophy, but your philosophy in general is just an addiction to CT/PT/DA/PS, and in the end resulting a very serious lack of going outside, no offense but it's true and I am not insulting you for the sake of it, so if you can re-do number 4, so I can atleast give a good argument back, otherwise I still do not understand.

monterto

So we all agree this idea is stupid? good.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

DreadStunLock

Monterto except the fact that noone has proven anything you just look like a complete moron.

NeoSuperior

How about a poll? Then we will see :D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Not much point of the poll if people cannot prove something.