PS Website: What should be in it?

Started by frvge, October 25, 2008, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Examples: information about moves, visions, background story (if any...).

Discuss.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

neth

News updated every week about the development process, info about what you work on, what the problems are, internal discussions. Obviously media, perhaps some game tutorials.

Tidenburg

Yea, migrate lennards blog across.
On the main page have a brief summary followed by an automated recent updates in the blog section.
Have a section for the blog.
Have a gallery section which has all the images and videos from the tick tock threads.
A section about the game in detail with links to pages about gadgets, gameplay and visions.
A section for the team members bios (active ones of course)
A link to the forum.

Gawain

once the game goes beta, plus those:
-replay section (also with tutorials, tactics, tournament replays, ...)
-a counter of how many people are logged in at the ps server
-tournament section
-faq (game/mod description, technical stuff, common problems/misunderstandings, history of the project, ...)
-download area (latest version, patches, custom maps, custom skins, fan art, ...)
maybe i think of more later.

frvge

?? I don't understand what you're saying.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: AgentX_003 on October 26, 2008, 11:30:18 AM
Quote from: frvge on October 25, 2008, 12:21:08 PM

Discuss.

why is there an idea in implementation for a new page  ?
Because you are getting a totally new site besides the forum? Even my grandma would have understood that when frvge asked for ideas.... and she doesn't even understand English.

frvge

Westfall

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 26, 2008, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on October 26, 2008, 11:30:18 AM
Quote from: frvge on October 25, 2008, 12:21:08 PM

Discuss.

why is there an idea in implementation for a new page  ?
Because you are getting a totally new site besides the forum? Even my grandma would have understood that when frvge asked for ideas.... and she doesn't even understand English.

So why not just glance some other game sites and see what they have as opposed to asking such a silly question? Even my grandmother would think this topic was naive/obvious.

Also, integrating Lennards blog...you meant the blog that was update in the beginning of August and hasn't been touched since? lolz

LennardF1989

Quote from: Westfall on October 27, 2008, 04:59:30 AM
Also, integrating Lennards blog...you meant the blog that was update in the beginning of August and hasn't been touched since? lolz
Maybe because I don't have anything to report, I'm a full-time student for Pete's sake... and it's not that the whole community is interested in programming stuff. A case of "I can't be arsed".

frvge

On-topic plz :( Else I'll let a kitten live!

VaNilla

Maybe it'd be a better idea to just link to the ModDB for more information.

frvge

VaNilla

Well at the very moment anyway, it's limits seem to fit the mod because the mod doesn't seem to be near a stage were things like weekly news can be posted or take advantage of a website giving info on it compared to ModDB.

LennardF1989

You guys obviously have no idea how much time/patience/whatever it takes to develop a website suitable for the final product.

We are just gathering idea's on what you guys expect to see on our brand new website once the game is released and when there will, most likely, be weekly updates.

If you knew what we could offer you guys through a new website, you'll HATE the ModDB site due to it's limits. So please work along a bit.

ChickenSkin

Ok in bullet points:

> PS account should be linked with your website account, so users can check win:loss ratio or whatever.
> Friend list should also be linked, and users can send messages to people in game via the website.
> Match, Clan, and Clan recruitment schedular should be placed on the website.
> People can make clan pages, via the website, similar to xfires clan page thing, but better.
> Users can upload gameplay videos and have the vidoes linked to their profile or clan.
> Forum, Similar to this.
> You can join games directly from the website.
> Each player should have a profile page, which can be fully customizable (ie font, background, info, all that crap)
> A who is online notification somewhere, so you know who is playing (like the thing PS has on the homepage).
> It should have some more advanced tutorials on it so if players so desire they can do them (unfortunately we have to consider the mid skill level....)
> Maybe some sort of rating system, to rate if people are friendly or flame or whatever, idk.

(Not saying any of these ideas are possible, just would be nice, I havent thought out any of the ideas, just off of the top of my head so some ideas may suck).