Rocamadour...

Started by puuusianka, June 29, 2011, 10:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puuusianka

Here is the first picture of my map in UDK. It's called Rocamadour, I based it on... let's say impressions after visiting the Rocamadour city on rock in France( GOOGLE IT, if you wish ;P). I hope it will become a part of PS when it comes out(or maybe even earlier? :D). This topic will show my progress and it might also contain questions to people who know UDK better then me(thanks mulleDK and Frvge for answers on xfire! - more questions coming soon xD).

DreadStunLock

Hmmm....More lightning.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

I like the Fog. Mainly because it's an idea that I haven't seen before as a constant thing. It would be interesting to see if that would be an advantage for the spies. Does is cloud EMF or MT? Does is mess with static defenses at all (motion detectors/cameras)?

I know those can't be answered with any certainty, but it would be nice to hear what the thoughts on those are.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

puuusianka

Well I hope taht it won't affect emf vision and termal one otherwise I kick it out...

AgentX_003

I didn't think anything about this map when i saw it on ct.. but damn i just jizzed my pants at seeing all the fog and  everything, looks like a real legit count dracula style.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on June 30, 2011, 12:07:18 AM
Well I hope taht it won't affect emf vision and termal one otherwise I kick it out...

Don't forget Motion, I doubt the fog can ever be dense enough to block out a movement detection.

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunlock on June 30, 2011, 12:19:50 AM

Don't forget Motion, I doubt the fog can ever be dense enough to block out a movement detection.

Well not that I am underestimating our team but I think it might not be done for PS 1.0 since it seems to be hard to program... but what do I know xD!

Cronky

Too true. I imagined something like...

In the "Thick Fog" MT wouldn't work on Spies. Reason being... the fog cloud is too thick for the MT to work. Though even with no visions on the spy would still be blurred as fog can obscure your vision regardless.

As you pass through the different levels of fog more stuff works again. You'd still be blurry with no vision (though not as much) in the light fog, but MT would work again. At a short distance you can see just fine, and MT would work just fine as you would be able to see clearly things that are close.

(The picture makes it look like the Spy is awfully close to the Merc, but I meant it to portray that the Spy was quite a distance away, but still in view)

Just seemed like an interesting idea to me.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Tidenburg

Looks nice.

A high tower area for merc vantage point would be pretty awesome. :P I love the general setting.

Farley4Fan

Awesome work.  It needs bats.

cuz they are scary and stuff

About those windows... will we be able to go inside those rooms with the windows?  It would be great to see a merc's/spy's silouhette and be creeped out/get a headshot.

knooger

Quote from: Tidenburg on June 30, 2011, 01:39:11 AM
Looks nice.

A high tower area for merc vantage point would be pretty awesome. :P I love the general setting.
If you want to see how it will looks like run rocamadour for CT :) - kind of unbalanced but he's balancing it right now.

And where are thanks for me Pussy'ek? "Knoogy make this, knoogy check this" :D B.A.S.T.A.R.D.O!
Cronky I want fog works same as you explained it, but I don't think merc will visit that place so often, well mby one disk drop should be hidden in end of corridor in fog?:)

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 30, 2011, 12:16:16 AM
I didn't think anything about this map when i saw it on ct.. but damn i just jizzed my pants at seeing all the fog and  everything, looks like a real legit count dracula style.
I like this map, but in ct it's so unbalanced what makes playing as spy so strange. :( No background sounds, eax, metal vents and a lot of wasted free places  :'(

puuusianka

KNOOGY I'M so sorry I wanted to introduce you in next picture where we can actually see your work but since it might have felt bad... - Knoogy is the guy who takes care of some of the textures and supports me in daily work on the project. KNOOGY FORGIVE ME without you this project would never take off! :).

knooger

puuusianka

Not in front of those people, Knoogy! Go? si? ;P b?dziesz w kredytach i easter eggach.