Tick Tock - Camo video

Started by frvge, February 14, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on May 13, 2010, 02:39:40 PM
the biggest boost for camo is taking away the activation sound.
replacing it with the light flash, however, has some serious drawbacks.
it prohibits sneaking from shadow to shadow which should be one of the main uses of camo.
on the other side, all those changes make camo way more dangerous up close which is great for interactivity.
i also like that you can hide with camo from emf now standing in front of emf-active materials.

In my experience with xbox CT, camo was a completely different story.  It was made useless when the 360 came out due to a bug that Ubi never intended fixing.  But before that, it was never really that useful.  Even with the lack of EAX and the pretty-much-silent activation sound.  It wasn't bad, it was just considered dumb to bring camo instead of one of the other gadgets. 

What I'm saying is that maybe removing the activation sound isn't enough.  This will undoubtedly be tested but I'm just predicting that it will probably need some more uses thrown in.  Like not being seen on motion tracking, for example.  I don't think the flash when it activates is smart to include for the reasons rambo already stated.  It's weak, why make it weaker?