OMG where's the new stuff?

Started by frvge, July 12, 2011, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 16, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
Actually, while we are on the close matter, what are your options for jumping and delays?

Will you be able to jump after a charge or a berserk? Or is there going to be a quite a delay?

Charge: well yes, perhaps you jump a little bit further.

Berserk: I think you shouldn't but I also don't think you should just stand there for a few seconds unable to do anything. At least let the merc stumble slowly, as if he is drunk for a brief moment.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on July 16, 2011, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 16, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
Actually, while we are on the close matter, what are your options for jumping and delays?

Will you be able to jump after a charge or a berserk? Or is there going to be a quite a delay?

Charge: well yes, perhaps you jump a little bit further.

Berserk: I think you shouldn't but I also don't think you should just stand there for a few seconds unable to do anything. At least let the merc stumble slowly, as if he is drunk for a brief moment.

I'm just wondering if people will be able to use the Jump Bug or not ^_^

NeoSuperior

Also if a merc uses beserk he shouldn't be able to be grabbed for 3 secs... because that move is useless if a spy (has no laags and) is fast and grabs the merc after the spin.
Mercs should ALWAYS have the better cards in fights... thats the whole point of "heavy armored mercs" against "fast, agile spies".
If the merc cannot use 1 of his best moves in a fight, just because of some risk, then that move is worthless, or only good against noobs.

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 16, 2011, 09:15:40 PMI'm just wondering if people will be able to use the Jump Bug or not ^_^

Wasn't there a thread about "Jumpbug" already?

EDIT: found it:
http://community.projectstealthgame.com/forums/index.php?topic=2688.0
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on July 17, 2011, 09:31:37 PM
Also if a merc uses beserk he shouldn't be able to be grabbed for 3 secs... because that move is useless if a spy (has no laags and) is fast and grabs the merc after the spin.
Mercs should ALWAYS have the better cards in fights... thats the whole point of "heavy armored mercs" against "fast, agile spies".
If the merc cannot use 1 of his best moves in a fight, just because of some risk, then that move is worthless, or only good against noobs.

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 16, 2011, 09:15:40 PMI'm just wondering if people will be able to use the Jump Bug or not ^_^

No way Meister, Berserk should have that consequence, if it can knock you in the air, it should be allowed to get you grabbed easily.

Tidenburg

Uh, I think being able to be grabbed after a beserk is part of the penalty. If a spy is being aggressive, using it at exactly the right time is key.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 17, 2011, 11:15:16 PM
Uh, I think being able to be grabbed after a beserk is part of the penalty. If a spy is being aggressive, using it at exactly the right time is key.

;D i approve of this message : This Message has been delivered to you in association of : Agentsworld-GGZ, providing you ggs since 2003 =)

@ frvge , when you say holidays ... is that including summer or are we going to have to wait till christmas -__-  ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Vega

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 17, 2011, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: Meister_Neo on July 17, 2011, 09:31:37 PM

No way Meister, Berserk should have that consequence, if it can knock you in the air, it should be allowed to get you grabbed easily.

QFE.  The whole point is that a merc can't span berserk with impunity.

NeoSuperior

in my opinion, straight, free-falls should not blockable by beserk. i mean you spin "around", and not "up". so at most angles, beserk should be able to knock down the spy but not if its a vertical fall along the Y-Axis straight on the merc's head. But it should still be able to be a better angle than an "airbash".

Also a possiblity to just use the normal merc-hit, instead of beserk at anytime should be implemented.

And also cooldown time for beserk should be at least doubled. But then again as i said not be grabbable... or AT LEAST make it possible for ALL to grab the merc and not just the host-spy -.- as good as PS servers can be... if just 1 player's individual connection sucks (the merc that used beserk, or the spy that tries to grab him), the game becomes unbalanced, because some mercs can use beserk all the time without fear of being grabbed (or getting a spy into a laaged beserk) and some can not...

(this all based on SC:CT, so i cannot guarantee that all of this applies to PS as well)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Zedblade

We have already decided to start things off game play wise by removing the ability for the Merc to jump at all. You will still be able to climb up onto things that are low enough, but it's a context sensitive command. This will remove bunny hopping, jumping and spinning after a missed berserk and makes the Merc seem more weighed down by his equipment and not so athletic.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on July 18, 2011, 07:25:02 PM
We have already decided to start things off game play wise by removing the ability for the Merc to jump at all. You will still be able to climb up onto things that are low enough, but it's a context sensitive command. This will remove bunny hopping, jumping and spinning after a missed berserk and makes the Merc seem more weighed down by his equipment and not so athletic.

That's going to feel...kind of awkward and peculiar at the same time :S

Zedblade

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 18, 2011, 07:31:43 PM

how so?

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on July 18, 2011, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 18, 2011, 07:31:43 PM

how so?

I pop on a mercenary, and when I get bored of how slow people are to get from point A to B (Mainly spies) I jump at least 50 times :D

Right now...all I will be able to do is charge a wall :D

Uuuuh, speaking of which, are there any changes to the mercenary running into a wall?

Zedblade

not at this time no. though the spy will be able to easily grab from all angles if u are behind the merc, so missing a charge is bad.

anyone remember in CT that you could easily grab from behind or to the left, but if you came from the right, it would almost always elbow the merc.

That was lame.

seef.

makes sense.  Mobility should suck with all that gear.  Games like Ghost Recon and a few others I can't think of right now did not allow you to jump.  I didn't mind or miss the jumping at all.

Farley4Fan

There are plenty of games where you can't jump dread.  It's just going to make the spy/merc styles contrast that much more and hopefully improve the gameplay.  We shall see.