Main Menu

freeze it, baby

Started by Gawain, April 23, 2008, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

do you know those situations when one players writes "afk - phone" or sumthin similar and it breaks the game? i think there's an easy way to get rid of that by just adding a button for the host that opens a poll for all the players to freeze the game; once all the players press a ready button the game continues.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Rambo on April 23, 2008, 10:04:49 PM
do you know those situations when one players writes "afk - phone" or sumthin similar and it breaks the game? i think there's an easy way to get rid of that by just adding a button for the host that opens a poll for all the players to freeze the game; once all the players press a ready button the game continues.

ok do you know how many people would be pissed off because of that , its like john wayne  , being frozen and coming out of a coma and ya know how its like to take cold shower well multiply it times 50

then thats how bad people will be pissed off waiting to begin again.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Tidenburg

I think hence the poll option agent... Neat idea but for some of the reasons Agent said, I don't think its really needed.

LennardF1989

It would annoy me as hell, remember how annoying it already is to get everyone to ready up to start a match? Imagine people will then have to ready up again in the middle of the game... *shivers*

Hyrage

Quote from: Tidenburg on April 23, 2008, 10:27:36 PM
I think hence the poll option agent... Neat idea but for some of the reasons Agent said, I don't think its really needed.
I agree, it would just be annoying lol.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Gawain

if you think it's annoying, you don't have to vote to freeze the game. but i counted more than 10 times during the last week when this would  have helped playing with friends.

BurningDeath

it's a nice idea, but i don't think it would come in handy that often.

Nitro

Good idea for any other roundbased game.

For this game i do no think its a good thing, since there is not rounds only two sides each map. A break in the middle of the 12ish min a side takes to complete will only put you off.

If people cant stay the full 12 mins before lobby and all agree its better to just go lobby and restart the game. (if its in the end and one side will loose alot on it, then hell put the phont or whatever on mute)

Its 10-15 minutes, the phone can wait or you can let your partner down..

Farley4Fan

In a different kind of game, it just wouldn't work well for SvM.  It's not like it's THAT hard to hide your own body, just go to the spawn and tell your buddy that you gotta go for a minute.  If he can't hold off the 2 spies or if he can't survive 2 mercs, well then too bad.  It's just one match that got screwed.  Maybe you should be able to stay committed for 10 or so minutes before you actually ready up, because that means you are ready.

Westfall

Look, the game already started. I didn't ask anyone to go afk and its unfair to the others that you have to waste their time of trying to have a good time by bouncing and "pausing" for a minute while you go take a leak. Stay at the computer for 10-12 damn minutes. Not that crazy. There are times when you can go AFK because you know your mate can take care of himself. If thats the case, don't say anything and go do what you have to do. If the spy is going to sit there, its gets boring as shit, but why should I pause my game because you want to go somewhere. Please....

Regardless, its just a game.

Gawain

with one merc being afk it's usually game over. i can't see any of the problems you see because it works with a poll, so if you don't feel like waiting and prefer to have this round fucked up, press "no" and that's it.

Xris

How about ... you play while on the phone ...
Solves everything.
and if you can hold in your pee, go during the death timer LOL

Gawain

i don't wanna list names, but i know some good players who regularily get called on the phone by their gf or called to help some shit by their mums. in those situations i'd rather freeze the game for 2min instead of destroying the whole round (yes, being afk for more then some seconds usually does that).

Kurbutti

I agree with the OP. And if you think pausing a game is annoying, then why not limit timeouts to 1 or 2 per player/team?

I <3 U

it'd be annoying. Some smartarse host  would just keep pressing the freeze button, so all other players get spammed with freeze polls, just for the lulz.