Main Menu

freeze it, baby

Started by Gawain, April 23, 2008, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Quote from: FR33M4N on April 24, 2008, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: Westfall-US on April 24, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
I really don't want some shit popping up in the middle of my game asking me to pause. Imagine how many people are going to spam this feature. Some of you aren't thinking logically at all.

*FR33M4N backs westfall.

Besides, even if there is a delay, it will & can still get spammed. Its think its a crap idea. People should sort thier shit out before they play. If the phone rings, fuck it someone else can answer it. If you need to piss, finish the game smelling strongly of urine. (or just go to the toilet in lobby).
...Or just hide in spawn, all problems solved. YOu can always ask for a redo because your mate was AFK... people aren't the baddest...

Kurbutti

Why should anyone bother restarting a round if pausing it is going to too annoying ??? Unbelieveable. I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Maybe I just see things a bit differently, but pausing a game once or twice for some reason isn't spam. And there's no need for democracy since I foresee two on two happening 90% of times someone casts a vote.

Westfall

Quote from: Kurbutti on April 24, 2008, 10:53:40 PM
Why should anyone bother restarting a round if pausing it is going to too annoying ??? Unbelieveable. I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Maybe I just see things a bit differently, but pausing a game once or twice for some reason isn't spam. And there's no need for democracy since I foresee two on two happening 90% of times someone casts a vote.

People will begin to spam this addition. Its not a matter of when, but how many fuckin times it will happen. These threads lately are becoming absurd. No reason to pause a fuckin game that takes 10 minutes to play out. If you want to go AFK, then you LOSE FOR WASTING MY PARTNER'S, YOUR PARTNER'S, AND MY TIME. Jesus. If you want that shit go play fuckin Mario Bros. I can actually understand why the devs might get angry at some of these threads with how absurd the suggestions are. AND THEN HALF of you people like these shit ideas. This doesn't even make the game user-friendly....maybe we should name it Project Stealth: For Bitches.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Westfall-US on April 24, 2008, 11:12:55 PMPeople will begin to spam this addition.
Oh, read the fucking thread!

BurningDeath

Come on, it's not like anyone would need such a thing. It's a fucking video game, WOOOOW you could lose a round because your partner was afk, TEH DRAMA! Get over it, that won't be put it for sure.

LennardF1989

Quote from: BurningDeath on April 24, 2008, 11:20:20 PM
Come on, it's not like anyone would need such a thing. It's a fucking video game, WOOOOW you could lose a round because your partner was afk, TEH DRAMA! Get over it, that won't be put it for sure.

Uhu, that's how I think about it. I just throw in neutral comments to give idea's on eventual possibilities. </negotiator mode>

Westfall

Quote from: Cyntrox on April 24, 2008, 11:17:34 PM
Quote from: Westfall-US on April 24, 2008, 11:12:55 PMPeople will begin to spam this addition.
Oh, read the fucking thread!

Read the thread through already. There was only the idea of it being able to happen once or twice mid game. How convenient for the person using it. So sorry that you hosted a server and then need a timeout to go tinkle mid game. Complete fuckin nonsense. This is still a stupid idea, even as much as you tell me to read the thread. I read it and comprehend the stupidity behind it, can you comprehend it Cyntrox?

Quote from: BurningDeath on April 24, 2008, 11:20:20 PM

I already said that it was just a game earlier. BURNINGDEATH...THIS IS REAL LIFE...AND U R TEH PRO B/C U MAKE $$ TO PLAY VID GAMES...SO PRRROOOOO

Gawain

so starcraft and many other competitive games are for bitches and are not games for fun, and every1 is spamming this ingame? yeah, right...
a pause function and a replay function are some very basic and needed functions for a competitive game. believe it or not, but some people like me enjoy playing this game seriously and don't want a nice round destroyed by some fucking telephone call. it's really not that hard to prevent spamming it and to make the message/voting gentle.

LennardF1989

Presses tab to open console and types "votecall"
*Usage: votecall <type> <reason>
Types "votecall pause telephone
*Are you sure you wanna call this vote? Type yes or no
Yes
*I don't believe you, really?
Yes
*Let me get some consultant, does this look real? Are you sure you ain't spamming? According to my log you already called a vote 3 times this round...
Yes
*Hm not sure...
I CAN HAZ THE PAUSE NOW!!11?!?11!
*If you answer this question correctly: Who will be America's next president?
Hillary Clinton
*No pause for you mister!

Xris

BurningDeath

Quote from: Rambo on April 25, 2008, 01:40:58 PM
so starcraft and many other competitive games are for bitches and are not games for fun, and every1 is spamming this ingame? yeah, right...

Haha, nice one comparing Starcraft and Project Stealth!

I <3 U

Quote from: LennardF1989 on April 25, 2008, 01:50:04 PM
Presses tab to open console and types "votecall"
*Usage: votecall <type> <reason>
Types "votecall pause telephone
*Are you sure you wanna call this vote? Type yes or no
Yes
*I don't believe you, really?
Yes
*Let me get some consultant, does this look real? Are you sure you ain't spamming? According to my log you already called a vote 3 times this round...
Yes
*Hm not sure...
I CAN HAZ THE PAUSE NOW!!11?!?11!
*If you answer this question correctly: Who will be America's next president?
Hillary Clinton
*No pause for you mister!

Hahaha, lennard = legend.

Kurbutti

Quote from: BurningDeath on April 25, 2008, 02:10:58 PM

Supreme Commander will do just as fine.

I <3 U

This is just a game, winning & loosing shouldnt be taken as seriously as it is ATM. People should play for fun, not ftw.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Kurbutti on April 25, 2008, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: BurningDeath on April 25, 2008, 02:10:58 PM

Supreme Commander will do just as fine.
Hah, such a coincidence, I'm playing that game right now!

And I can add Warcraft 3 to the list of games that has a perfectly fine pause system.