Possible Sound Reticule for Spies? New heartbeat suggestions?

Started by Farley4Fan, January 11, 2008, 01:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xris

A little off topic but what about a light/dark sensor like in single player.
It would be handy when u are in visions.  Sometimes I find myself crouch-walking into lit areas when i have visions on and then the merc spots me and I can't get away cause I am crouch-walking or slow crouch-walking.

MR.Mic

Quote from: FusionSlayer on January 11, 2008, 11:08:55 PM
It would be handy when u are in visions.  Sometimes I find myself crouch-walking into lit areas when i have visions on and then the merc spots me and I can't get away cause I am crouch-walking or slow crouch-walking.
You should be more aware of your surroundings
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Cyntrox

Quote from: FusionSlayer on January 11, 2008, 11:08:55 PM
It wouldn't work - it doesn't matter how light the area you're in is, as much as how bright your background is.

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 11, 2008, 06:25:52 PM
Well in the corner it would be weird because it would point a different way.  It needs to be in the middle of your screen but on the top or bottom edges  Know what I mean?  Like imagine having your sound reticule as a merc on the side of your screen.  That would get confusing wouldn't it?  It's hard to explain, but it needs to go on the top or bottom, but still be centered where the actual spy is.

Not really...it'd still point to the right, left, infront or behind...

I can't see how that can be confusing just because it's in a corner of the screen. It's not like the sides changed because of that.

Farley4Fan

I know but it would seem like that.  It would also be easier to look at something that is on the bottom of your screen in the middle, than it would be to look at something to the side of your screen.  Meaning you'd have to move your eyes to the side of the screen just to see what direction a sound came from.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 12, 2008, 05:48:17 AM
I know but it would seem like that.  It would also be easier to look at something that is on the bottom of your screen in the middle, than it would be to look at something to the side of your screen.  Meaning you'd have to move your eyes to the side of the screen just to see what direction a sound came from.
Unless you have a 30+ inches display, you don't have to move your eyes much, if at all.

Westfall

I like this idea a lot. As a new gadget feature.....nice thinking Papa and Tiden for that matter.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Gui Brazil on January 11, 2008, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on January 11, 2008, 06:25:52 PM
Well in the corner it would be weird because it would point a different way.  It needs to be in the middle of your screen but on the top or bottom edges  Know what I mean?  Like imagine having your sound reticule as a merc on the side of your screen.  That would get confusing wouldn't it?  It's hard to explain, but it needs to go on the top or bottom, but still be centered where the actual spy is.

Not really...it'd still point to the right, left, infront or behind...

I can't see how that can be confusing just because it's in a corner of the screen. It's not like the sides changed because of that.

Yeah, I can see what you mean.  I am used to playing on 40+ inch TV's.  I think my monitors size is 22", or something like that.  It wouldn't be too bad.  But, I imagine playing as a merc without the reticule centered.  Or DA without the PD ring thingy centered.  I don't know. I still think it would be better on the top or bottom in the middle, but it wouldn't be bad in the corners.

Westfall

Top or bottom in the middle is the way to go. If you aren't going to have it in the middle of the screen, it needs to be on the top/bottom in the middle then. If it is off to the corners, its out of eyesight and might actually be considered a waste of a gadget, depending on the size of the reticule.

Question...if you're using the gadget, does it light you up in EMF? Or should it only light up the gadget you are using. This quiestion might even go for more than one thing. I could understand the sticky shocker/sound reticule detector/visor of visions being lit up, but not your whole body.

Gui Brazil

I guess you would, just like if you were using the heart beat sensor or shooting your spy bullets.

neth

IMO all of spy body should be lit up cause it could be problematic to notice on emf and it shouldnt work like this.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Make the gadget glow normally, while the rest of the body should be only a ghost (maybe even slightly more visible)
edit: that's assuming that if you don't use anything you're invisible.

Farley4Fan

Why nerf EMF?  I don't really see a problem with it right now.  I'm not entirely sure if you should light up while using this.  You guys can discuss it, but either way it doesn't really matter to me.  But since it isn't an actual electic device, like goggles and camo suit are, I don't think that it should show up.

Gui Brazil

You show up by just using your weapon (and technically that wouldn't make your body glow either) so why wouldn't you show up on EMF in this one too?

Farley4Fan

It's not a visible gadget, it only goes on your HUD.  The ss is visible.