Main Menu

cinema map

Started by Gawain, March 17, 2008, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I <3 U

Quote from: Papa Skull on April 17, 2008, 11:56:43 PM
Thermal textures?  Call me newb, but aren't textures just replaced by colors/gradients in thermal?  Anyway, it sounds good to me so far.  Any updates or milestones?

Hopefully we'll be posting some in the next few weeks. But you will definately get some soon

Gui Brazil

What do you have so far? I'm not talking about the sketchup but actually meshes and textures.

Gawain

we have the whole basic geometry at ~95%, the basic textures at ~60% and only one mesh (wall lamp) so far.

Farley4Fan

Just took a look back at the original post.  Wtf?  Did I just see that mercs can be killed or sniped by the rain?  The only thing that would make sense is if you meant TRAIN, but even then, wtf is a train doing at a movie theater?!  :D  Acid rain maybe?  (zomg, wouldn't an acid grenade be awesome for mercs? hehe)

My suggestion is make it so that the mercs can look out the windows that are facing outside, but the doors in the lobby that lead outside are locked or barricaded.  The only possible way to get outside would be jumping through windows or going through vent shafts that lead out there - only possible for spies ofc.

Gawain

no access to outside area and no rain inside (besides sprinklers maybe)

Farley4Fan

Quoteit's not yet sure if mercs coming outside close to the spy spawn get sniped or killed by the rain or if they aren't allowed to come out at all.

Uh, what?  So confused.  Just make it so that they aren't allowed to come out.  Why go through all the trouble of contaminating the water so that it forms an acid then precipitates on the movie theater?  Sounds much more complicated than stacking benches/boxes/crates/etc in front of the exit - or just simply locking it.  :D :D :D

Gui Brazil

I will now be an ass and you're probably want to shoot me after this post but...WHATEVER!

I'd understand if you two were making a map CONCEPT but I really can't see how you two are gonna make this map come true because of:
a) none has photoshop experience (besides a couple of signatures) to create textures;
b) none has 3ds Max/Maya/Lightwave/XSI/Blender (nice joke right there, you must admit it)/random 3d package experience to create meshes;
c) none knows the difference between something high poly or low poly (you're doomed right now);
d) I know that you didn't know what specular/normal/diffuse was until some weeks ago.

I'm sorry for being an ass but it was the only way to make me stop wondering about that...

Gawain

photoshopping for textures is really no problem, but meshes are a fucking problem. i'm learning maya atm, but it'll take some time till i can get really productive with it. you're kinda right, if we don't find some modeller, this map can take a while XD

neth

Quote from: Gui Brazil on April 19, 2008, 12:14:03 AM
I will now be an ass and you're probably want to shoot me after this post but...WHATEVER!

I'd understand if you two were making a map CONCEPT but I really can't see how you two are gonna make this map come true because of:
a) none has photoshop experience (besides a couple of signatures) to create textures;
b) none has 3ds Max/Maya/Lightwave/XSI/Blender (nice joke right there, you must admit it)/random 3d package experience to create meshes;
c) none knows the difference between something high poly or low poly (you're doomed right now);
d) I know that you didn't know what specular/normal/diffuse was until some weeks ago.

I'm sorry for being an ass but it was the only way to make me stop wondering about that...

Realised it after very first post. Lets just wait and see how this fails.

Quotei'm learning maya atm, but it'll take some time till i can get really productive with it.

sure, like....years ? haha

Xan

b) none has 3ds Max/Maya/Lightwave/XSI/Blender (nice joke right there, you must admit it)

Hey don't be harsh on poor old blender...

Gawain

for all you guys waiting, here's a little preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

frvge

I knew it already when I clicked it. I am psycic (sp?)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Rambo on April 19, 2008, 11:49:49 AM
for all you guys waiting, here's a little preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Arrgg.. Got RickRolled by my own link... I gave that to you or Fr33M4N once (saying it was PS stuff ofcourse :P). Ah well, LET'S DANCE! YAY! The song is kinda awesome.

BurningDeath

YOU BRAZIL ASS!!!//Ã,°

I <3 U

We have some photoshop freak, meshes are the only problem. I can do fairly basic mapping, if it fails it fails, but we shall see.