Charged while hanging

Started by AgentX_003, August 15, 2008, 02:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Quote from: ChickenSkin on September 26, 2008, 05:01:49 PM
If you dont \'groom\' down there, it just starts to get untidy, and girls dont like untidy.
Yea, you know everything about that right ;D

ChickenSkin

Quote from: LennardF1989 on September 26, 2008, 05:14:37 PM
Quote from: ChickenSkin on September 26, 2008, 05:01:49 PM
If you dont \\\'groom\\\' down there, it just starts to get untidy, and girls dont like untidy.
Yea, you know everything about that right ;D

They dont call me Casanova for nothing. :]

knooger

I am necroposter.
Hi, I want to discuss about thing which is annoying me so hard. I've been thinking about topple because of merc's charge while climbing, in my opinion spy there shouldn't topple because in CT it works fine ( maybe  a bit too powerfull ) but I have another idea. Lemme explain...

...We all know in CT most known "bug"(I think it balance game a bit)  used by everyone and hated by many(Your mistake you get jumped after charge NUB! ). Spy is getting hit from a charge while climbing on something, he didn't topple but just run away, my idea is that to bring a charge from SCPT ( it looks like eblow hit, but as merc [YOU CAN SEE IT IN 00:53 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICunQPu0qY&feature=related] ) and make this:

Guy charged while climbing on any object should slow down or roll slowly it should give advantage for spy to escape but also it will give merc time to kill spy or hurt him so badly. In my opinion it's better because you may want to have that chance to escape from merc in close combat in last second.
Also I don't think in real life if someone kick you in ass even so powerfull you will lie on the ground for 2-5seconds.
Ofcourse if merc berserk and spy is climbing in berserk range then = topple like from normal berserk.

I hope you understand anything >.< and will be cool if devs will discuss too.

NO DRAMA POSTS OR I AM GONNA ASK FRVGE IF HE COULD BAN FLAMERS IN THAT TOPIC!

DreadStunLock

I agree, as well as I doubt you can get charged in a way of you getting knocked off? I mean come they are spies and have a quite a good grip. But how Knooger explained it, it is very strategic and not like you can do it everywhere, as well as it's quite easy to miss the jump after you climbed on top. Really hope you aren't going to fix that.

knooger

If spy slow down after charge then he have not enought time to jump on merc, mby sometimes but not everytime like in CT.
If it's not gonna be fixed and work like it works in CT I will be happy too, but I don't want to see spy topple after charge while climbing.

Spekkio

There's a simple solution: if you are charged while hanging or climbing, you fall down and get KO'ed just like being charged at any other time.

Hopefully the animation bug won't carry over to PS.

I am a fan of returning to PT's charge in general and getting rid of the berserk, but that's another discussion.

DreadStunLock

But it doesn't make much sense, why would a spy get knocked down from a mercenaries charge? They are far strong enough to withhold that :/

Spekkio

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 20, 2011, 09:20:53 PM
But it doesn't make much sense, why would a spy get knocked down from a mercenaries charge? They are far strong enough to withhold that :/
There are a lot of things in the game that don't make sense. That's what makes it a game and not reality.

Why can a spy kill someone by jumping on him? That doesn't make sense! Burn it!

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Blank Man on September 26, 2008, 06:11:39 AM
Yeah, you're obviously a smart one. Inches get smaller as you zoom in further.

No?

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Spekkio on February 21, 2011, 12:44:14 AM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 20, 2011, 09:20:53 PM
There are a lot of things in the game that don't make sense. That's what makes it a game and not reality.

Why can a spy kill someone by jumping on him? That doesn't make sense! Burn it!

I guess it's all about balance, no matter how ridicilous other things can be.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I agree with Spekk, it is not really realistic, but hell, it does improve gameplay.

NeoSuperior

OK then just make a new animation:

If a merc charges a spy that is hanging/climbing, we see the merc pulling the spy down by grabbing his leg with 1 hand.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

btw:

A grabbed merc that gets charged by another merc should get free, but also unconscious, and also the spy should be able to run away right after that. But that is just my opinion.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

VaNilla

I'd say the spy should fall down as well, and get crushed by the mighty weight of the merc. ;D