Jumping and turning ?

Started by AgentX_003, January 09, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you really find Jumping and turning cheap ? / Removed out of the game ?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
9 (52.9%)
Perhaps
2 (11.8%)
I think
2 (11.8%)
I dunno
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 13, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

AgentX_003

To start off the new year right and to get things rolling here with a productive topic, I have decided
to ask the question do you find Jump and turning cheap? , this has been debated between xbox players and PC players for a long time and Im just wondering what you all think ?

Discuss.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

I would have laughed if everyone replied with "I dunno".

You should have to look the opposite direction first to kind of "Gather Momentum" kinda like the berserk animation. Otherwise you should have some resistance on your turn. Only for jumping and turning. Meaning you actually have to do a tiny bit of work to do a quick turn in the air. Sorta like real life.

Momentum = <180 degree turn

No Momentum = >180 degree turn

(Degrees subject to change, but used just to establish the idea. Plus I'm not sure if I used the > and < right)

...Now what was the problem with it? ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

I voted "I Dunno" but I don't think it's cheap.  I voted I dunno because I don't know how it will work in PS.  I'm sure people will adapt.  If I had a choice, I'd keep it in the game because it's kind of a classic piece of the battle.  Maybe if someone gets elbowed while in midair it could stun them for a few seconds.

SteveTheCookie

I don't think it should be completely impossible to turn while jumping, but maybe the sensitivity could be lowered a bit while you're in the air.

DreadStunLock

First of all I voted no, mostly because it really doesn't change anything in game balance and just makes the game a little bit more fun, why not? Don't tell me you don't jump around trying to get a full 360 :)

Cronky

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 10:05:50 AM
First of all I voted no, mostly because it really doesn't change anything in game balance and just makes the game a little bit more fun, why not? Don't tell me you don't jump around trying to get a full 360 :)

360? What is this.. amateur hour? Make like Tony Hawk and go for 900s.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on January 09, 2011, 10:30:01 AM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 10:05:50 AM

360? What is this.. amateur hour? Make like Tony Hawk and go for 900s.

Yeah, ok, you try doing that on SCCT, and as prove I want a vide.

P.S: You can't die.

Farley4Fan

Why spin around in a circle on a horizontal plane when you can do front/back flips on a vertical plane!?!??!

Or do i have my planes mixed up

Either way, if your merc doesn't do a front flip when you slam your mouse down super fast then I'm not touching Project Stealth.

Cronky

WHY do front/back flips and spins yourself when you could get someone else to do it!!!

I petition right now that a dog companion be put into the game (doesn't take a gadget slot, but in turn changes grenades to ball, Backpack to doggie poop bags, taser into leash, etc.).
-----------------------

Farley4Fan

Even better, why not have terminals spread around the map for mercs to use to play project stealth WITHIN project stealth and control the inner merc's dog to do flips of all kinds?  Put that in or PS will not receive the support you asked from me in that PM conversation.

Cronky

The man knows how to make a truly enticing game. I'd dev mode him right now before he slips away.
-----------------------

puuusianka

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 09, 2011, 11:31:18 AM
Even better, why not have terminals spread around the map for mercs to use to play project stealth WITHIN project stealth and control the inner merc's dog to do flips of all kinds?  Put that in or PS will not receive the support you asked from me in that PM conversation.

wow I guess zombie mode has chances of being supported after all!

AgentX_003

children stop de-railing my threads :/...... You people wanted more to talk about on a serious note and I gave it to you but no you decide to bring your spam like behaviour into here and ruin the thread, sigh.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

puuusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2011, 11:56:17 AM
children stop de-railing my threads :/...... You people wanted more to talk about on a serious note and I gave it to you but no you decide to bring your spam like behaviour into here and ruin the thread, sigh.

No wonder everyone Laughs at you... Gosh learn to have fun.

Cronky

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2011, 11:56:17 AM
The closest thing you got in the polls (so far) to a discussion is one "Perhaps".

I'm not saying it's a topic that can't be talked about, but rather that without the full details of HOW PS is going to play (if you haven't noticed I'm just rehashing what Farley said)... we don't really have an idea on IF it's a problem.

Should turning while jumping be changed? PERHAPS.

Is the change going to make the game more fun? Is it going to make the game more strategic? Will it actually fix anything? Will elbowing a Merc while he's in the air do something different than a normal elbow (much like elbowing a crouched Merc)? Can I break the neck of a jumping Merc? Can I have an AI controlled attack dog that takes ALL my gadget slots to bring, but gives a 3rd entity to the level which Spies will have to avoid? Can it have an attached lvl 3 sentry on it's Dog-Armor?

Answer me those, and I will continue talking about this subject. (Mainly the dog related one) :)
-----------------------