Oculus VR: useful or a gimmick?

Started by frvge, August 11, 2013, 04:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

I'd like to know what uses you can imagine for the Oculus in a stealth game. I personally find it hard to see the benefits for games that have a third-person element. I think it'd only distract.
For shooters, it's great of course.

I'd like your input on this :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Indeed, only useful for 1st person, I think.
Problem are the controls. You'd need something like the Wii/PSmove sticks and more (for which you need a bit of free space as well), unless you want to use mouse and keyboard blindly.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

nubishdubishbone

Racer games would definitely be cool to play, Even TrackIR is useful as heck, where you can simply turn your head and see other players' cars... if you can do that AND in VR, would make it that much more amazing.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"