Tick Tock (gamescom interview and trailer, updated milestones)

Started by frvge, September 29, 2009, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

Quoteum but I just feel for once that its alot fun to play with older people because they don't act retarded and playing with  Non-puberty kids is not fun  1. they yelll and scream  2. lack attention span 3.
That's such a shit generalisation to be honest and I'm sick of it. I've only played a few games on the PC but I've played a vast array of Xbox / Playstation games, both online, and I rarely run into any annoying kids on there - hell I even have my younger cousins added and their friends are completely fine in a party. The thing is: people only ever see or hear about the douche, "OMG MOM GET ME SOME CHOCOLATE MILK", kids on games because they're the only interesting types of people to talk about - it creates completely the wrong impression about younger gamers. Yet again, this is only speaking for consoles - but I thought the elitist inner circles of PC Gaming had already determined that consoles had this worse than PCs so I'm just gonna assume it doesn't happen on your platform either.  ::)

QuoteI personally feel , If im such an such an age why the hell in gods green earth am I playing with kids younger then I
Logic fail. Unless we allow only people born at the same time onto these systems then you will ALWAYS be playing with people younger than yourself. Not to mention that maturity doesn't go hand-in-hand with age, if you had even a drop of observational capability in you then you'd have noticed that having been on the internet for even a relatively short amount of time...

Quoteand it just doesn't feel the right, the shoe doesn't fit / kinda creepy.
If you're at the age where the average gamer is that much younger than you then it's just a reflection on yourself and not them. "It doesn't feel right" is completely your problem. Maybe if you're that old and that unhappy with the age-range that essentially owns the market - you should just find a new hobby?  ;)

Quoteand finally 4. they cost you the game because they can't pay attention for shit as i mentioned before O_O  and im talking about kids who shouldn't even be playing like 8-12 age bracket ,
Yet again - a crap generalisation. I'd even argue that because kids in the age range you specified are way more prone to suggestion and being 'drawn in' by a game, they will feel more compelled to continue. Most kids at that age get so scared of horror flicks because they can't pull themselves 'out' of the film (they feel like they're actually part of it) and a video game even allows interaction - have you ever seen a parent try to pull a kid away from a video game mid-level?  ;D

QuoteIf some of you are ok with that then definitely seek help @ ___vv__@  .
No-ones okay with the four points but, as I said, they are not even close to exclusive to kids.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Wow Agent, you seem to have a serious problem? Perhaps it might be better to retire and leave playing games to the rest of us.

Seriously though, I don't like most of the "kids" I come across while playing a game but that's something inevitable if you play an online game. You can't expect the Devs to ask for a real-life ID in order to activate their online play.

Grow up dude.

Spekkio

There are shitbags at every age. For every 17 year old who's spending too much time playing video games instead of chasing pussy or doing something more productive, there's an unemployed 30 year old smoking weed in his parent's basement still getting kicks out of using hacks.

Younger players may be less "mature," but I don't have to be friends with them. I just play online games with them. As long as they don't use cheats, I don't really care how old they are.

Btw, Agent, you might want to take a look in the mirror. You are one of those shitbags.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on October 04, 2009, 09:00:47 PM
Wow Agent, you seem to have a serious problem? Perhaps it might be better to retire and leave playing games to the rest of us.

Seriously though, I don't like most of the "kids" I come across while playing a game but that's something inevitable if you play an online game. You can't expect the Devs to ask for a real-life ID in order to activate their online play.

Grow up dude.

LoL im not even going that far to that extent , Im just saying  that its alot more competitive games when you have an older age group, and yes people will be younger then me but there's a line that needs to drawn O_O , what inspired this idea is well Ive seen certain clans from different games that just premote the age bracket of 18 +  and ya don't have to mind ur p's n Q's O_O  with those circumstances in place.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gui Brazil

When I played CT I was 14. Those who played with me always had fun (even with the huge amount of lag and my crazy teletransportations), so shut up about the age! :D

Westfall

Quote from: Spekkio on October 05, 2009, 12:42:22 AM
Btw, Agent, you might want to take a look in the mirror. You are one of those shitbags.

This made me lol. Agent, he has a point.

LennardF1989

@Agent: Shut the fuck up already. That post you quoted was aimed at normal people, as I see no reference at all to start talking shit about kids. Actually, you complied to 3 out of 4 rules that "make you a moron kid" yourself. You seriously have to grow up... ASAP!

AgentX_003

Alright , well all i will say is I myself started playing around the age of 16 so being 1 year off of 17 + isnt that bad.. Whats wrong with me trying to speak about kids who shouldn't be exposed to such things  ?

I mean really, it seems to me you don't have a son or daughter or Niece or nephew to see where im coming from. ..... O_O ......   so to finally end this cause it seems im being multi-directional cut throat-ed here I throw in the towel on this debate. 

Gawain

QuoteLoL im not even going that far to that extent , Im just saying  that its alot more competitive games when you have an older age group
that might be true for folks under 18, but after that the opposite effect kicks in.

VaNilla

Quote from: Rambo on October 07, 2009, 10:08:52 AM
QuoteLoL im not even going that far to that extent , Im just saying  that its alot more competitive games when you have an older age group
that might be true for folks under 18, but after that the opposite effect kicks in.

Look at the majority of professional players and see how old they are ;).

AgentX_003

ur wrong , people like HarkoninVSC , Rx geo and a few others i could name , Horny_Hamster just to nama few , are now in thier mid 30s and could kick ur ass into next week .

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: AgentX_003 on October 07, 2009, 10:35:13 PM

ur wrong , people like HarkoninVSC , Rx geo and a few others i could name , Horny_Hamster just to nama few , are now in thier mid 30s and could kick ur ass into next week .

Though most of the time it ends with:" Oh crap, sorry guys I need to pickup my kid from school. Take care."

Vega

Just watched both videos.  Again, awesome job guys.  Nice interview, Lennard!  Glad to see you guys are publicizing this!  Keep up the great work.