Main Menu

A new move

Started by Tidenburg, February 17, 2007, 08:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

I know ATM you trying to clone it but I just want to suggest this:
If a merc is camping in a corner I think it would be cool if the spys could run up next to them and do a move which throws them away from the corner, there'd obviously have to be some way to conteract this but I still think it could fix one of the problems/annoyances which CT had

Zedblade

the only time a merc would camp in the corner would be in a deathmatch game. Everyone here pretty much hatest deathmatch. Its a insult to the gameplay and anyone who plays it lack any sort of real skill.

In story, which is the only gamemode we will make as of now, that move would be useless.

InvisibleMan999

Yeah, no way. This would just make the game more aggro oriented, and make a good aggro spy almost impossible to stop. A merc in a corner should be well defended.

On a side note about new moves, how do people feel about allowing spies to crawl? It could be a means to get around various unbeatable poison mine placements and such, though it would be very slow and leave the spy extremely vulnerable. Still, it'd be kinda nice to have a stealthy way to bypass lasers and difficult mines without need of chaff grenades.

Daybreak

Crawling would be cool or lying down. I've been in many positions that I could hide in if only i could lay down flat.

I was also thinking about another coop move. In Coop, you were able to have one spy crouching then have the spy throw the other spy over somethign or at a guy. I still think that'd  be aweseom to be patrolling as merc turn the corner only to see a spy flying at you for a tackle. Down and out for 5 seconds.

frvge

Setting it up wouldnt make it practical. A quick sticky cam is way better than that.
Although it can work as a Coop move like the current Boost.
One passes a large gap and can (depending on level design) flip a switch so a bridge or something extends (temporarily? like the hold-button-doors in Missile Strike?)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LiVe.To.Di3

yea cam is defiently better but still if these guys clone scct and really think and read the ideas of this website then they will create a whole new sc which everyone will enjoy right?

MacBryce

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to only make story games. When I played SCPT on PS2, there was no deathmatch and almost every server you'd join had different settings to allow a deathmatch-like game. I'd say it's a good idea to have a deathmatch mode so we don't have to deal with that in PS/SAM.

Overstatement

Just don't get rid of diskhunt :'(.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: MacBryce on March 18, 2007, 12:14:25 AM
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to only make story games. When I played SCPT on PS2, there was no deathmatch and almost every server you'd join had different settings to allow a deathmatch-like game. I'd say it's a good idea to have a deathmatch mode so we don't have to deal with that in PS/SAM.

Yeah, n00bs want to play DM for whatever reason. They're morons IMO and I hate DM with a passion, but I'd like to include the mode in PS just so that you don't join games and constantly hear ,"We're playing deathmatch!"

Give the DMers a little closet in hell so we don't ever have to interact with them.

LiVe.To.Di3

Yes. I still prefer story(as the rest of us). I even hate playing Deathmatch Until Someone Joins lmao. Anyways I hope this game will turn out good and remember no rank= no cheaters. I HOPE xd

The-Chicken6

I prefere story

but when there arent any story severs i dont mind to play dm, dm isnt for noobs... its also hard to play. but u need different skilz then in a story server. but i dont mind if dm is gone in PS :D

InvisibleMan999

Problem is that you can't truly "Get rid of DM", not without modifying the game to make aggro impossible. Otherwise, you'll just get the sort of casual DM that pandora had, and that sucked unbelievably, because you had to join several servers just looking for a real story game. Even if you don't have DM as a mode, people will still try to play it. It needs to be an option simply so story players can filter out the deathmatch games.

Valserp

I got an idea!
Make a DM mode, yes do! Then, program it so whenever someone chooses to host/join a DM server their disk gets formatted. Or their PC explodes. Or or... their monitor, yes! And glass blasts in their face!

LiVe.To.Di3

Quote from: Valserp on March 26, 2007, 11:29:24 PM
I got an idea!
Make a DM mode, yes do! Then, program it so whenever someone chooses to host/join a DM server their disk gets formatted. Or their PC explodes. Or or... their monitor, yes! And glass blasts in their face!
lmao valserp nice idea i agree but i do not play dm as much. But i insist that dm be put becuase when i first started playing scct thats all i played until i was pro at it. Then i actually started playing story and got good so dm is important for noobs