Main Menu

Random Idea

Started by Tidenburg, March 09, 2007, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

OK this is somthing UBI did with thier other games but never got round to putting it into splintercell. Firstly Ranks. How about somthing next to thier name which shows how good they are like a simple symbol which can go up or down depending on how well they play?
Then more moves for higher ranked players, not anything that will unbalance it I just mean like a low rank spy will just grab the merc (CT style) but then a higher level spy will hit the merc across the face and then grab him (DA style) no new moves just maybe move slightly faster and move differently to lower level spies so you can tell whos good and who is still learning how to play so no better moves just more stylish and coding it would only require checking a single (rank) variable.

Daybreak

rank is hated by most making this game. Rank detracts from the point of the game which is to have fun. Ranks bring to life rank whores and rank manipulation. Most likely it won't happen.

Zedblade

Quote from: Tidenburg on March 09, 2007, 06:17:15 PM
OK this is somthing UBI did with thier other games but never got round to putting it into splintercell. Firstly Ranks. How about somthing next to thier name which shows how good they are like a simple symbol which can go up or down depending on how well they play?
Then more moves for higher ranked players, not anything that will unbalance it I just mean like a low rank spy will just grab the merc (CT style) but then a higher level spy will hit the merc across the face and then grab him (DA style) no new moves just maybe move slightly faster and move differently to lower level spies so you can tell whos good and who is still learning how to play so no better moves just more stylish and coding it would only require checking a single (rank) variable.

no

Vega

I despise ranks.  I think many will agree with me.  Also, if you're saying that people who play more should move slighty faster, than I disagree with this as well.

frvge

I think I am fairly sure most of the Devs disagree with your plans.
According to many vets, rank is what destroyed the 'friendly' attitude.
Rank means people will try to get higher in rank -> use of glitches, cheats, bugs, hacks.

So no.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

Umm...are you all forgetting that CT had ranks? I've played a grand total of 3 ranked games until I realized it was pointless.

Tidenburg

Well if your going to clone CT then I thought that would mean adding ranks so you may as well make them do somthing.

frvge

As we said, we'll clone CT _without_  the bugs :P We consider 'ranked' a bug XD
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

Quote from: Tidenburg on March 10, 2007, 12:54:47 AM
Well if your going to clone CT then I thought that would mean adding ranks so you may as well make them do somthing.

we are copying Ct's Gameplay, we are NOT copying CT. There is a differance.

Lurch

Good people get faster spies? Did it ever pop into your mind that this would get newbs even more butchered, not only by fair tactics, but by some lame upgrades that experienced people would not need anyway vs them.

Tidenburg

Lurch, if you read the whole post I specifically said that it wont make them better. Just the they do the moves in different ways.

:edit:
sorry for typos. I was tired.

Valserp

Well, the moves idea ain't that bad - the more games you have under your belt, the more proffessional your spy acts - it has nothing to do with gameplay, just the animation of the move itself. Kinda like bf2142 - after you get 50 knife kills you get a badass knife. It doesn't do anything different - it just looks better.

So yeah, it's not really a necessity, but it isn't the Devil.

Cyntrox

I don't like it... It will give people more of a reason to hack/bug abuse...

Kurbutti

Val, as if they were not pros already?  ::)

Anyway, I like your idea, but animations sound a bit too time-consuming to make as unlockables. New skins would sure be nice!

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Daybreak on March 09, 2007, 06:43:55 PM
rank is hated by most making this game. Rank detracts from the point of the game which is to have fun. Ranks bring to life rank whores and rank manipulation. Most likely it won't happen.

Yeah you're telling me. Ranked mode is a pain in the ass. Lets not do that.