Main Menu

2 suggestions

Started by Zleith, January 17, 2010, 05:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-One

A couple of check boxes for the host to select whether you can do these things sounds like a winner to me. Pleases both sides.

I can also agree with mic frustrations on the PC version. I couldn't get my USB mic to work at all. We ended up making cross channel ventrilo binds for taunting when you break necks and such, since without mics the "hack comm" is useless (even detracts from some of the devices as well).

Also, if I were playing online solo, then I would also be hesitant about spectator slots and douce bags that have a 2nd PC or a friend join and give them intel. So with an option I might turn them off as well.

On the time demo topic. If it were possible to free float the camera, mimic the view of the player (first person spectating as an example), cycle players, etc. Then it would probably save an enormous about of HD space. I'm running close to 90 gigs of footage (compressed) of my family/friends games.  :o

Overall I'm just really anticipating beta/release. I'm a software developer by trade and want to get into mapping as a hobby (I was in the process of making an Alcatraz map for SCCT, early stages). So maybe I can get more hands on in the project at some point.

I'll fine tune my list too, and post it when it feels a bit more polished.

-Red

Savior20061

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 20, 2010, 02:43:33 AM
Quote from: Savior20061 on January 20, 2010, 12:24:31 AM
Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 09:09:50 PM
Quote from: Savior20061 on January 19, 2010, 08:29:51 PM
I'll have to get in some games with Agent. At least then I'm playing with friends who don't drive me nuts.
lol
Yeah...I realized what I wrote after I wrote it.

always the cheap shots eh  on poor agent   :-[  >:(
I love you Agent! I wanna have your babies. :)
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

frvge

Red, you can already pick up the free Unreal Development kit from www.udk.com and read tutorials and try it out. I bought two tutorial books about it for my own education on Unreal.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.