What frvge thinks about Stealth Games

Started by frvge, April 04, 2012, 12:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

This is an interview I gave like a week ago: Sneaky Bastards: Trade Secrets of Stealth
Nothing really PS specific tho.

Enjoy!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Very detailed and insightful!  Your responses were much better than Alex Quick from the Depth team, although watching their videos has given me the impression that it is not entirely a stealth game.  Good job!  I thought it was funny when you contrasted our normally fast paced world (including internet browsers/loading pages) to stealth games. 

But in the big introducing thread you said...
Quote from: frvge on April 04, 2012, 12:10:14 AM
I'm frvge and I like turtles! And Stealth. And programming. And fast websites.

So you like fast pace and slow pace?  hehehe  ;)

SheikTheGeek

I couldnt agree more with those first few paragraphs.  Good interview.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Scanty Chunk

Really great interview! I can tell you really know your stuff. But I must say, I think that games that try to touch base on all play styles, don't appeal to everyone. Like the more recent splinter cells. I hate what it's turned into. People liked the first specifically stealth based one for a reason. You're definitely right that it takes the attention span of playing a strategy game, and that's what I love about games like these!

Awesome job! I can tell you're really insightful and innovative :D

GanglarToronto

Good interview.  I cannot wait to play this and see more stuff.

zglina

Quote from: GanglarToronto on April 09, 2012, 02:34:38 AM
Good interview.  I cannot wait to play this and see more stuff.

I too can't wait to play.....

Pusianka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

NeoSuperior

I can still wait... otherwise i wouldn't post here, if you know what i mean...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

comicsserg

me too ^^
still making and exporting animations for the game

nubishdubishbone

What does everyone, including Frvge, think about Sniper Elite V2? in later missions stealth becomes a major factor as there are loads of enemy soldiers and only a little ammo for loud weapons, and sniping involved makes it like merc in PS, for sniping obvi.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

I've seen the trailer but nothing really more than that. I think I like the concept, but haven't found time to really dive into it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.