So, how far into this are we?

Started by VenomousNinja, September 02, 2012, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldium

Well. We have to stop lying to our self. Any one know that PS is being developed about five years. Pepole who survived that time on this forum can remember me , but it dose not matter. Stuff that matter is if you do not start actions on green light , project will be dead , se how many hours they need to complet game? it will be not released if the devs team will stay at number of two. Green light is only the way to get pepole flowing in to forum , and new pepole trying to join devs. Frgve got damn it , we need progress! or every one will don't care about PS! So thin about it because signing game on greenlight is not that hard!  About five years of waiting , promisess and stuff , and NOTHING BIG! So it's not time to throw project to garbage , but start doing sausages from this meat!. Marketing is not that hard to!. If you let somone famous on youtube to play devs demo (lite total biscuit) than the project would go famous.
To much waiting.
If you do not start doing marketing stuff.
The project
is
Dead!
Regards : Soldium
PS: sorry for my bad english , but when i see no marketing on great project , my blood warms up , and i am getting mad.
Got damn soldium is back , and he will make noise on this forum. Than devs maybe do something.

frvge

I hope we can have a few more important people back in the next 1-2 months. Once we have something that we think is showable, we'll hit some of the known things like greenlight. And then marketing kicks in of course. I've been building connections for that.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Savior20061

Well shit...I had no idea it was going this bad for you guys.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

frvge

It's tough (see the closure of Depth who had a bit more professional team). The key is to find people who are self-motivated.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SpliNterCellFan697

I honestly hate how people think that big video-game projects like this take 5 minutes to produce. Keep it up guys, hopefully a multi-player beta will be released soon.
Splinter Cell never had killing in motion to begin wtih.
3rd in command of the DSC clan.

soldium

Quote from: SpliNterCellFan697 on October 15, 2012, 12:58:08 AM
I honestly hate how people think that big video-game projects like this take 5 minutes to produce. Keep it up guys, hopefully a multi-player beta will be released soon.
YOu take stuff wrong.
I said about putting game on kickstarter and greenlight , and about 4 years of makinbg ame , maybe project stealth will be like DNF?
Start the greenlight or kickstarter and do not wait for new stuff but show us what you did for now on it , because you have a lot not shown stuff.
It's just about tactics It's just tactics.
Got damn soldium is back , and he will make noise on this forum. Than devs maybe do something.

frvge

Actually, there's not a lot that we haven't shown. I've been pulling stuff to show from the archives for the past 2 years just to have something to show.

soldium

Well it's not easy to say but i'll wait for beta untill i will do maps for it. Problem is i need stuff and not udk , well i can olny start planning the maps , and maybe i will make some conversions from sc : ct
For now - focus on kick starter (project need money) and for greenlight (to make easier f2p or buyable stuff)

zglina

If u will put PS on greenlight u probably get gamers attention(and worse games than PS are now in greenlit or published on steam!). And maybe some of them will help u with PS.
And put PS on KS just like soldium said.

LoChang

Quite honestly, I'm surprised this has gone this long only for us now to hear there's not much else we haven't seen. A lot of us have, frankly, grown up and do not play games much anymore. I do show up regularly since the inception of this project hoping there may be news, but realistically I haven't held much hope for about 2-3 years. It's not that I don't appreciate the effort that has been made thus far, I do, but you're absolutely right in that you need people who are self-motivated, determined, and loyal and all these things are in severely short supply today, especially with young people.

I do think its an enormous mistake not to go for as much publicity (green light and ANYthing else you can) as possible. Nobody can join something they know not about. I would hope you would reconsider that tactic as its produced this lackluster result of non-existent long-term, dedicated talent.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: LoChang on October 26, 2012, 08:06:48 PM
Quite honestly, I'm surprised this has gone this long only for us now to hear there's not much else we haven't seen. A lot of us have, frankly, grown up and do not play games much anymore. I do show up regularly since the inception of this project hoping there may be news, but realistically I haven't held much hope for about 2-3 years. It's not that I don't appreciate the effort that has been made thus far, I do, but you're absolutely right in that you need people who are self-motivated, determined, and loyal and all these things are in severely short supply today, especially with young people.

I do think its an enormous mistake not to go for as much publicity (green light and ANYthing else you can) as possible. Nobody can join something they know not about. I would hope you would reconsider that tactic as its produced this lackluster result of non-existent long-term, dedicated talent.
+1
It can be a good tactic if you want to get talented people for developing the game...
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

zglina

Quote from: RaDRoacH on October 26, 2012, 09:21:22 PM
Quote from: LoChang on October 26, 2012, 08:06:48 PM

+1
It can be a good tactic if you want to get talented people for developing the game...

i totally agree with both of you

frvge

When we're going Greenlight, I want to have something to back that up with. Like a big release of some sort. Going Greenlight in itself shouldn't be the focus of a press release. That's just silly.

I'm working on getting more people active again in the past month. The first fruits will be there soon. I hate the word 'soon'. It's kinda vague. Then again, I don't want to name any dates, so meh.

Just be sure that something is brewing. What, how long, who, even I don't know. We're getting there tho and once we are, we will release something cool (I hope) and do PR and Greenlight.

LoChang

I'm sorry, frvge, I don't mean to be a downer to you, you've been an amazing caretaker and really, the "glue" from my perspective of this whole project. I'm actually really bummed for you with all the endless amounts of time you've put into this and it seems you're perpetually the only steadfast consistent influence. If even half the original talent were able to continue like you have (and I understand people have real lives) this thing would be amazing.

RaDRoacH

Sometimes i see this guy online: OwMySpleen.
he's a new developer?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.