iOS version of PS?

Started by Aj, December 16, 2010, 05:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

Quote from: frvge on December 18, 2010, 08:31:07 AM
Cronky, you should read the FAQ item as: "in theory it's possible, but unless we have a good reason to try it out, don't count on it"
kickass portability and a phantastic market sound like good reasons to me.
it's pretty damn amazing that it's possible at all =)

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on December 21, 2010, 10:17:57 PM
Cronky, you should read the FAQ item as: "in theory it's possible, but unless we have a good reason to try it out, don't count on it"

Just because it's possible doesn't make it a good idea. Seriously why would you even bother? Who is actually going to play it on a iPad. The controls are hard enough as they are...

Increased market? How many people play games on there iPhone/iPad. And I mean proper games, not snake?

They would get absolutely f*cked in the ass by the pc players.

frvge

I don't see a tactical game work with current mobile controls. I'm open minded, but as far as I can see, Infinity Blade is fairly simple in the controls.

The controle scheme is the hardest part. As well as the screen being occluded which is bad for gameplay where a lot is in the details of shadows. If your finger is turning the camera, you might miss something that will get your neck and then break it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

puuusianka

Quote from: I <3 U on December 21, 2010, 10:24:14 PM
Quote from: Rambo on December 21, 2010, 10:17:57 PM

Increased market? How many people play games on there iPhone/iPad. And I mean proper games, not snake?

snake sucks on Ipod, the same with pacman... But since when snake is not a "proper" every time I play it I take it very seriously not to bite my tail. It's a SERIOUS matter you know!

LennardF1989

Leave the Mac fanboy be, lol.

Aj

Actually, SCC works quite well on it.

Better than it works on PC. :D

The controls are good, and the price was right. ($.99)

Tidenburg

I only like Apple for their iPods.

Farley4Fan

NeoSuperior

As long as you cannot steer your character with a "mind"-gamepad, this idea is pointless.

well... you could try a normal gamepad too...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Gawain

Quote from: LennardF1989 on December 22, 2010, 12:01:30 AM
you don't have to be a fanboy to see the portability of an ipad or the business possibilities in the app store.
games are HUGE on ios devices, but i wouldn't really bother porting a complex game like ps.
everyone who's serious about gaming has a gaming rig anyways...

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on December 23, 2010, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on December 22, 2010, 12:01:30 AM
you don't have to be a fanboy to see the portability of an ipad or the business possibilities in the app store.
games are HUGE on ios devices, but i wouldn't really bother porting a complex game like ps.
everyone who's serious about gaming has a gaming rig anyways...

facebook games are huge too. They still all suck dick!

Gawain

Quote from: I <3 U on December 23, 2010, 04:31:42 PM
apparently games don't have to be fun anymore. being "social" and dull is sufficient xD

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on December 24, 2010, 12:22:21 AM
Quote from: I <3 U on December 23, 2010, 04:31:42 PM
apparently games don't have to be fun anymore. being "social" and dull is sufficient xD

haha yea, fucking retarded isn't it. I seem to remember having a similar conversation with you in England? :D

Tidenburg

Quote from: Rambo on December 24, 2010, 12:22:21 AM
apparently games don't have to be fun anymore.
I figured this out when MW2 sold well. :(