22 inch TFT LCD 1000:1 300cd/m2 5ms (1920x1080) D-

Sub/DVI-D (Black) (PLE2208HDS-B2)

1 Pack, DSP OEI (DVD) (This OEM software is intended

for system builders only)

Cooler:

Zalman Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler with Dual Mount Support

Mouse and Keyboard: Got it already

Speakers/Headset: Got it already.

After a long long help from Knooger, and thanks to him I compiled a list of needed components, so does anyone see if I miss anything important, suggestions are welcome as well.

Thank you in advanced.

Bubbaganoosh

You should look at Dell for monitors. I saw a Dell.ca flyer today they show a 24" HD LED monitor for $189.00 (CDN but our money is par right now). Maybe look at Dell.com see if they have same deal. I have two 24" LED monitors at home and they are a perfect size.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

frvge

Looks good. I'm anxiously holding out till I think the time is right to get a new one.

If you want, you can get an SSD. I have an 80GB one and I like it a lot :). Good only for Windows-times tho. My games are at my hardware RAID0 with normal HDDs.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on January 03, 2011, 10:31:52 PM
You should look at Dell for monitors. I saw a Dell.ca flyer today they show a 24" HD LED monitor for $189.00 (CDN but our money is par right now). Maybe look at Dell.com see if they have same deal. I have two 24" LED monitors at home and they are a perfect size.

Dell is the devil

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Bubbaganoosh

Quote from: frvge on January 03, 2011, 10:47:36 PM
Looks good. I'm anxiously holding out till I think the time is right to get a new one.

If you want, you can get an SSD. I have an 80GB one and I like it a lot :). Good only for Windows-times tho. My games are at my hardware RAID0 with normal HDDs.

Yeah I would agree, SSD for your O/S is the way to go. I use an Intel SSD, maybe not the best benchmarks but the cost is good and everything I've read say they are pretty much bulletproof. I've had mine over six months and works like a champ.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

DreadStunLock

Changed the motherboard and the CPU thanks to Steve and it turned out a lot cheaper by 20Ã,£ actually cheaper, though the motherboard is 50Ã,£ more, but it's a lot better.

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AMD 890FX - Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 1600/1800/1866 - SATA 6Gb/s RAID - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio - CrossFire - ATX
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Crosshair-IV-Formula-PCI-/dp/B003F8SNBM/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1294091393&sr=1-2

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x 512 KB Boxed - Black Edition
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002TQYUAE/ref=oss_product

Great stuff in my opinion.

DreadStunLock

After very long help from Lennard got even a bigger upgrade for a very great price, thanks Lennard.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4

x 512 KB Boxed - Black Edition (Ã,£121.03)

Graphic Card: Sapphire HD5850 1GB Graphics Card

(198.89)

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850HXUK 850W Power Supply (130.91Ã,£)

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AMD 890FX -

Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 1600/1800/1866 - SATA

6Gb/s RAID - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio - CrossFire - ATX

(156.90Ã,£)

Case: Zalman Z7-PLUS Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Computer

Chassis (Ã,£46.40)

Total: Ã,£654.13

DVD: LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive - Bare Black
(Ã,£12.39)

Memory/Ram: Corsair CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 3 x 2GB DDR3 SDRAM

Memory (66.44Ã,£)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATAII 64MB

Cache 3.5-inch Green Internal Hard Drive OEM (43.00Ã,£)

775.96Ã,£ Total.

Comparison to what I wanted to buy:

Alienware Aurora (non ALX) for 800Ã,£,

IntelÃ,® Coreâ„¢ i3 540 2.93GHz (4MB Cache) Dual Core Processor
Single 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5670 - DirectXÃ,® 11 Enabled
3GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-Channel Memory

I'd say fuck alienware, the changes are drastic especially in price.

VaNilla

Looks far too expensive for the parts. Also, I'd avoid an SSD seeing as you're on a budget, because once you've started up you're going to barely notice a difference. There's gonna be better and cheaper ones soon.

I <3 U

I'd skimp on the PSU a little...doesn't need to be that powerful/expensive. Still make sure its over like Ã,£60 so you're not getting a shit one.

I also wouldn't get an AMD cpu right now either, last time I checked Intel were pissing all over them, but that was a while ago so things might have changed? :)

I would get a cheaper motherboard and put an intel CPU in it. Read reviews, you can save a lot of money.

Just my two cents. I havent actually looked at any prices/performance stats before writing this, so take everything i say with a grain of salt. Still, worth looking into if you can save a few bucks. =]

Gawain

this thread is one of the reasons why i switched to mac xD

DreadStunLock

Yeah but with the current build that I am on I will be safe for overclocking and the PC will last a very long time the way it is now, and I don't mean 3-4 years, I am counting on something that goes much longer, and as well as since I am building it replacing parts will be a lot easier.

I <3 U

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 04, 2011, 05:51:24 PM
Yeah but with the current build that I am on I will be safe for overclocking and the PC will last a very long time the way it is now, and I don't mean 3-4 years, I am counting on something that goes much longer, and as well as since I am building it replacing parts will be a lot easier.

Last time i upgraded the core2's overclocking potential was phenominal. I'm on a core2duo e6600 atm, with a shit case, shit airflow, and stock heatsink and i've oc'ed from 2.4 - 3.2GHz and i'm sure I can push it way further if I wanted too.

The reason I'm saying this is I'm sure that the i7/i5 have gotten an even better at overclocking potential due to the smaller core, which means less heat = moarrr overclockkkk! :P

DreadStunLock

Quote from: I <3 U on January 04, 2011, 06:44:19 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 04, 2011, 05:51:24 PM

Last time i upgraded the core2's overclocking potential was phenominal. I'm on a core2duo e6600 atm, with a shit case, shit airflow, and stock heatsink and i've oc'ed from 2.4 - 3.2GHz and i'm sure I can push it way further if I wanted too.

The reason I'm saying this is I'm sure that the i7/i5 have gotten an even better at overclocking potential due to the smaller core, which means less heat = moarrr overclockkkk! :P

Intel prices suck, I bought 3.2 ghz for 120Ã,£, Intel 2.8ghz would have costed me 144-188Ã,£. See what im getting at?

LennardF1989

I said exactly the same but he already ordered the CPU... My i7-950 turboboosts to 3.2, but can easily go to 4ghz with the standard cooler, although I would probably prefer a more silent one in that case (it's not loud, just the familiair hum something is spinning).

DreadStunLock

Quote from: LennardF1989 on January 04, 2011, 08:00:41 PM
I said exactly the same but he already ordered the CPU... My i7-950 turboboosts to 3.2, but can easily go to 4ghz with the standard cooler, although I would probably prefer a more silent one in that case (it's not loud, just the familiair hum something is spinning).

As well as I never knew that Ram/Memory can include the sound audio was really surprising that cut the price by 100-200Ã,£, which is awesome!