Facing Silly Fears

Started by Ushie, January 07, 2011, 06:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Jazz_117

I'm not sure how silly it is, but I have a phobia of hot water.
When I was a kid, water, about five minutes off boiling ran over my left knee and burnt the top two layers of skin off...
kinda freaks me out since then.
Not badly, like I can still make coffee no problem, LoL.
Don't think there's a cure for it.
It's not one of those things you can experience again to become unafraid.

DreadStunLock

(No Sarcasm) What about stuff like, COME HERE GET YOUR FRESH HOT BUNS FRESHLY MADE FROM OUR MOLTEN OVENS! Does that freak you out too? Just curious.

Jazz_117

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 15, 2011, 05:00:51 PM
(No Sarcasm) What about stuff like, COME HERE GET YOUR FRESH HOT BUNS FRESHLY MADE FROM OUR MOLTEN OVENS! Does that freak you out too? Just curious.
LoL
No, regular heat or fire doesn't bother me.
Just water.
Like when I have to walk passed a stove with boiling water at it's edge.

DreadStunLock

Sexy Woman: Jazz, do you want some boiled macarooooonz? <Sexy Sigh> <Picks bunch of spaghetti from boiling water>

Jazz: <Back to the wall> <Heart Pounding>

Sexy Woman: Ohhhh Jazz.....what's wroooooooong? <Sexy Sigh>

DreadStunLock

Ushie

Quote from: Jazz_117 on January 15, 2011, 03:48:26 PM
When I was a kid, water, about five minutes off boiling ran over my left knee and burnt the top two layers of skin off...

shit that sounds painful! Is there a scar? :\
you're right about not being able to overcome it though - it's definitely not like a phobia of heights that you can cure.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Why should it not be curable? Ask a friend to fill up a bucket with warm water, slightly below the temperature you shower in. Tell him that he has to pour it over you on a random moment catching you by surprise.

You'll be amazed how fast you get over your fear of warm water that way. Thank me later.

DreadStunLock

That could be a great idea, but very cruel as well xD Jazz will be going around his house watching every corner like a splinter cell :D

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 10:02:22 AM
That could be a great idea, but very cruel as well xD Jazz will be going around his house watching every corner like a splinter cell :D

LoLed xD

DreadStunLock

Then again, Jazz would lose his phobia of hot water, but I think he would have a phobia of being stalked ><

I <3 U

Same thing happened to me, when I was a baby/toddler I pulled the wire of a boiling kettle and it burn't the whole of my left arm from my finger to my shoulder. I have no problem with hot water. Maybe people react differently to different things. Although I have a slight phobia of having to have stitches again. At the hospital when I was 6 or so they put permanent stitches instead of the dis-solvable ones in for a hernia operation I had. The scar then heals, then they wonder why the stitches are still there. They then had to PULL the stitch's out with a pair of tweezers, it took about an hour or so (there were only like 7, most painful experience of my life).

I really don't know how I'm going to get over that one

puuusianka

Quote from: I <3 U on January 16, 2011, 01:55:34 PM

Same thing happened to me, when I was a baby/toddler I pulled the wire of a boiling kettle and it burn't the whole of my left arm from my finger to my shoulder. I have no problem with hot water. Maybe people react differently to different things. Although I have a slight phobia of having to have stitches again. At the hospital when I was 6 or so they put permanent stitches instead of the dis-solvable ones in for a hernia operation I had. The scar then heals, then they wonder why the stitches are still there. They then had to PULL the stitch's out with a pair of tweezers, it took about an hour or so (there were only like 7, most painful experience of my life).

somke weed ^^

DreadStunLock

Quote from: I <3 U on January 16, 2011, 01:55:34 PM

Uuuuh fuck me, just curious when they pulled them out did you have to have your hand bandaged to stop bleeding or they were holes? Like in piercings?