Facing Silly Fears

Started by Ushie, January 07, 2011, 06:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 04:17:07 PM
Quote from: I <3 U on January 16, 2011, 01:55:34 PM

Although I have a slight phobia of having to have stitches again. At the hospital when I was 6 or so they put permanent stitches instead of the dis-solvable ones in for a hernia operation I had. The scar then heals, then they wonder why the stitches are still there. They then had to PULL the stitch's out with a pair of tweezers, it took about an hour or so (there were only like 7, most painful experience of my life).

I really don't know how I'm going to get over that one

Uuuuh fuck me, just curious when they pulled them out did you have to have your hand bandaged to stop bleeding or they were holes? Like in piercings?

Can you get a hernia in your hand? Or are they bandaging up the hand to stop the bleeding elsewhere in his body? I don't see how that works.

Generally they snip and pull stitches out, though it's actually relatively painless, the pain probably just felt worse because when you're young you fear the pain so much more, can't remember a figure but a LARGE amount of pain is actually our anxiety of pain making it worse, all in our heads - after all :3

Jazz_117

Quote from: Ushie on January 16, 2011, 01:00:01 AM

shit that sounds painful! Is there a scar? :\
you're right about not being able to overcome it though - it's definitely not like a phobia of heights that you can cure.
Yes, it was rather painful... like very rather painful.
No scar, my mum doused my knee in scarleshealer everyday until it healed, and even then I put vitamin E oil on it.  The only evidence that it was ever there is a slightly dark spot where the blister was.  But as I've grown that has stretched to an almost unnoticeable point.

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on January 16, 2011, 01:27:11 AM
Why should it not be curable? Ask a friend to fill up a bucket with warm water, slightly below the temperature you shower in. Tell him that he has to pour it over you on a random moment catching you by surprise.

You'll be amazed how fast you get over your fear of warm water that way. Thank me later.
Not a chance of working sorry.
Warm water doesn't bother be in the slightest.
See, it's not really a fear of water, but rather a fear of being burnt.
As soon as the warm water gushed onto my head, I'd be like "Dude, WTF." ...but not cured, just a little peeved.

DreadStunLock

<Jazz is walking on the street>

3 Random dudes walk over to you with Flamethrowers.

Hey Jazz, we are going to help you with your phobia......FLAMETHROWER STYLE!!!!!!!!

Jazz gets chased around the building with flames behind him xD

Just kidding dude :P

Jazz_117

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 06:04:37 PM
<Jazz is walking on the street>

3 Random dudes walk over to you with Flamethrowers.

Hey Jazz, we are going to help you with your phobia......FLAMETHROWER STYLE!!!!!!!!

Jazz gets chased around the building with flames behind him xD

Just kidding dude :P
Flames don't bother me.
I've never been burnt by fire.
Truth be told, I'm a bit of a fire bug at the BQ.
...It's only being burnt by boiling water that gives me the shivers. :P

DreadStunLock

Well I doubt there are Boiling water throwers xD

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 07:26:09 PM

Well I guess it's time to invent them! Money is ours man! Let's get to work. Ah and jazz I think it's the end of our friendship but it was nice knowing you :).

DreadStunLock

Your location is really dumb Pusianka btw :P You just won't let it go :P

Jazz_117

Quote from: puuusianka on January 17, 2011, 09:48:25 AM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 07:26:09 PM

Well I guess it's time to invent them! Money is ours man! Let's get to work. Ah and jazz I think it's the end of our friendship but it was nice knowing you :).

I wasn't going to tell you, but it seems that I am required to.
You never knew me.
We never met...
The person whom you thought was me was in fact a cover, a fake, acted profile to fool you.
You may be thinking. "What was the point, why go to all the trouble."
Well the answer is simple, they needed to get something from you, and I was the only option.
I can't guarantee your safety anymore.
We are not friends anymore... we never were.

...scared yet. :D

Ushie

Quote from: Jazz_117 on January 18, 2011, 10:18:30 PM
You never knew me.
We never met...
The person whom you thought was me was in fact a cover, a fake, acted profile to fool you.
Well the answer is simple, they needed to get something from you, and I was the only option.
[/quote]

Sounds like the end of a cliche mystery/crime movie ending :p

PS: I BUSTED THE WORLD-ENDS-IN-2012 THEORY! My musli bar expires in 2013 ^^

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: Ushie on January 20, 2011, 03:28:51 AM

That only means cockroaches will have food.

DreadStunLock

You never knew me.
We never met...

[/quote]

You think you can hold it that long? I dare you to keep it longer than 1 month without someone eating it :P

I <3 U

Quote from: Tidenburg on January 16, 2011, 04:41:23 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 04:17:07 PM
Quote from: I <3 U on January 16, 2011, 01:55:34 PM

Although I have a slight phobia of having to have stitches again. At the hospital when I was 6 or so they put permanent stitches instead of the dis-solvable ones in for a hernia operation I had. The scar then heals, then they wonder why the stitches are still there. They then had to PULL the stitch's out with a pair of tweezers, it took about an hour or so (there were only like 7, most painful experience of my life).

I really don't know how I'm going to get over that one

Uuuuh fuck me, just curious when they pulled them out did you have to have your hand bandaged to stop bleeding or they were holes? Like in piercings?

Can you get a hernia in your hand? Or are they bandaging up the hand to stop the bleeding elsewhere in his body? I don't see how that works.

Generally they snip and pull stitches out, though it's actually relatively painless, the pain probably just felt worse because when you're young you fear the pain so much more, can't remember a figure but a LARGE amount of pain is actually our anxiety of pain making it worse, all in our heads - after all :3

The boiling water and hernia operations were two different things :(. So no I don't have any scars on my arm or hands luckily :)

For the hernia, they put permanent stitches in (I think there a little stronger than the normal ones most people get. Really thick and purple) so and I think they were stitched differently because they were permanent aswell. Either way, for some reason they couldn't just cut them :(. and yes there was blood everywhere and I had to leave carrying a massive cotton ball type thing to soak up all the blood as i walked out :D. As far as hernia scars goes it's pretty bad :(.

Jazz_117

You never knew me.
We never met...

Yeah, twaz sorta the idea. :P

QuotePS: I BUSTED THE WORLD-ENDS-IN-2012 THEORY! My musli bar expires in 2013 ^^
That reminds me of something:

Evolution must be incorrect, because snoring was designed to keep other people awake. :D

DreadStunLock

Really? I thought snoring was made because your nose is clogged during sleep? :P

You should hear my dad snore, walls actually vibrate around the room :D