Optional choice? Sniping - Run and gun, what goes in between?

Started by DreadStunLock, January 16, 2011, 06:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

After playing for a while, and getting irritated with the Assault Rifle that mercenaries have in SCCT, I thought about something, it might work.

You know if you lag? You can never hit spies with run and gun, so I thought of, why not make something inbetween burst shooting and Sniping, make something like a steady aim action like most FPS games nowadays have, where you press a certain button and you aim with your gun a lot more accurately but you have to be very slow to perform that action, it would make it a bit more playable against lag servers since the bullets are far more tighter on the spread and something for people to have that very good feel of playing a regular FPS game?

I am not really sure what is that action called when you have your gun centered on the screen and you aim a lot easier without much bullet spread.

(Knooger if you mention COD, I will rip your ass off)

NeoSuperior

If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Yeah but Zoom is a bit more for like when you have a sniper rifle? + Some first person shooters have zoom where your view just zooms but it really doesn't help the bullet spread. COD has it, BF2 has it, what are those called :S

Spark Mandriller

I'm not quite sure you understand how lag works. Accuracy isn't part of it.

Cronky

Do you mean the Ironsight mode? Where you're looking down the sight of the gun... (In which this case would somehow not be the scope)

Quote from: B-3A Misty Lady on January 16, 2011, 07:43:17 PM
I'm not quite sure you understand how lag works. Accuracy isn't part of it.

Got to agree with that ^^^
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

tigaer

Project Stealth won't have the same net code as Chaos Theory...

DreadStunLock

That what I mean, but still it would be a nice addition, + I don't see it being overpowered, you sacrifice mobility for a steady rapid shooting. Anyone, anyone, anyone?

DreadStunLock

DreadStunLock

Since, the Assault Rifle in PS will have a scope in it, another great idea evolved.

Choosing wether to have a scope or not:

With ------>     

Without -------->     

I think that would be well sweet, why not? You give a first type of customization a bit deeper thought.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 16, 2011, 09:50:39 PM
Since, the Assault Rifle in PS will have a scope in it, another great idea evolved.

Choosing wether to have a scope or not:

With ------>     

Without -------->     

I think that would be well sweet, why not? You give a first type of customization a bit deeper thought.

As the old saying goes : "If it aint broke, Don't Fix it.  I am a firm believer of this philosphy .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Agent, you don't have a philosophy, you play versus without knowing full extent of it, WHAT KIND OF A TEAMMATE DOESN'T BRING A GODDAMN BACKPACK FOR HIS TEAMMATE AND BRINGS A CRAPPY TAZER?!

Agent@ Close your quote you isolated, paranoid, maniac.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 17, 2011, 12:03:42 AM
Agent, you don't have a philosophy, you play versus without knowing full extent of it, WHAT KIND OF A TEAMMATE DOESN'T BRING A GODDAMN BACKPACK FOR HIS TEAMMATE AND BRINGS A CRAPPY TAZER?!

Agent@ Close your quote you isolated, paranoid, maniac.

PT 4 Life until project stealth comes out.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

VaNilla

It's a waste of a button, just move slowly to increase accuracy, no need to have a button for it.

tigaer

...I think having iron sights for guns lacking a scope would be cool.

:)

Gawain