Author Topic: Ol' times Pandora Tomorrow  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Rysiu-.

• Me english low. I be no good. Rus?
    • View Profile
Ol' times Pandora Tomorrow
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »
Whats crackin' PS community?

I've got an offer for you guys:
How about going back to the old times and play some Pandora Tomorrow on multiplayer huh?
I know, i know, most of you will say "No way, the servers are closed man"

But! There is another way to play on MP (for those who don't know) and its called VLan - Virtual LAN
As most of you can conclude from the name, its a way to set up a Virtual LAN network and play the game via LAN.

So If there are any Volunteers who would like to get back to PT times / Ones who would like to try it out and see the difference between CT and PT ,

Here is a quick guide how to play it:

1. Get a copy of Pandora Tomorrow (for those who don't have the original game, message me, i ll give u link for a good torrent. cant post it here because of copyrights and stuff. xfire: rysiu13)

2. Visit http://www.tunngle.net/ . Register an account (its free, there is no spam) and download latest Tunngle.

3. While doing it, download latest patch for Pandora Tomorrow =>here<= There are patches for all versions, European, US etc.

4. After downloading, installing, patching and all the stuff, just write someone a msg u want to play and join Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow channel on Tunngle.

Thats all folks!

Post Scriptum

If you would like to do so, I would recommend leaving a reply in this topic with ur xfire nick or any other communicator, so we can set up for a game or help with tunngle/torrents and stuff
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

puuusianka

Re: Ol' times Pandora Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
Tunngle is widely known Rysiu :D and I think there were already threads about playing SCPT thru it. Tho I'm not sure if it worked out.

Offline Spark Mandriller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:06:46 PM »
why would anyone ever want to play pt instead of ct

why

Offline Rysiu-.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »
@pusianka

Well, i've already searched for other topics on Off-topic and no, i didn't find anything. And i hope it will work. I gave u guys everything u need, all u need to do now is Download and play :)

@Misty Lady

To see the difference in gameplay :) PT is quite different than CT, gadgets, movement, game modes, graphics, maps, controls, hud, behaviour of merc and spy, some animations. And for those who never played PT its a chance to try it out on MP :) like me for example :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:15:45 PM by Rysiu-. »
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

Offline Spark Mandriller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
Haha, oh man, you're gonna rage so fucking hard. Shock/double jump eeeeverywhere.

Offline Rysiu-.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
i know teh bugz but anyways its fun for meh to play with friends. and i did already and it was fun. Dont wanna play? noone is pushing you to do so.

Offline tigaer

• Production Team
  • 2D Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »
why would anyone ever want to play pt instead of ct

why

PT, aside from a few glitches is by far better than CT, in my opinion. I'd play it any day over CT.

DreadStunLock

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:08 PM »
Really? Seems a bit unfair to Mercenaries by the way I heard of PT.

Offline tigaer

• Production Team
  • 2D Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Has nobody seriously played PT? I thought everybody here had atleast played it once.

You call yourself fans... ::)

DreadStunLock

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:43:21 PM »
Naaah, after hearing that you can do bad crap to a mercenary once he is tazed, that's just demotivating...

Offline Spark Mandriller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 06:27:39 AM »
Has nobody seriously played PT? I thought everybody here had atleast played it once.

Yeah. I just like being able to be tazed near crates without automatically dying, is all.

DreadStunLock

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Haha, I actually read about that bug, never thought it was that serious xD

puuusianka

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
How does this bug works. I've never played PT versus. Someone told me it was more tactical but what did he mean? I don't know...

Offline I <3 U

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
How does this bug works. I've never played PT versus. Someone told me it was more tactical but what did he mean? I don't know...

you can taze and then lethal-drop tech a merc AFAIK

DreadStunLock

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 05:50:47 PM »
That exactly why I am thinking off, why the hell Spies can even lose to a mercenary with such actions being possible?