an idea for the neck break animation

Started by AgentX_003, February 08, 2011, 12:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

hmm I just thought of this because it made me kinda question my memory but if it
servers me correctly , I'd have to say that the spy while holding a mercs neck
should be able to pull out his gun to shock the merc in close quarter situations.

I think it would open up the game more.

discuss

some pros and cons of what ya think of this. keep on topic as much as possible kkthx.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

knooger

That's good idea, but it also can be used too much.
Spy should have kind of some disadvantages like:
-If he use his gun then he shouldn't move fast as he can do without gun with grabbed merc.
-He cannot turn back very fast.
-kind of limited angle of aiming?

IMO. animation should exist.

Cronky

Sounds like something that would already be in the game.

Instead of pointing out obvious reasons why it wouldn't hurt to be in there I'll just leave 1 situation.

A Merc lays a mine. You grab him from behind without setting it off. Pulling out your gun you place your laser over the freshly activated mine. Tapping into his comms you hear the a shout of "FUCKIN HAXX". You fire. The Merc's body absorbs a majority of the damage from the blast. You're stunned and kill-less, but alive. You give a slight grin as a "X just committed suicide" message pops up.

The other two people may not know what just happened, but that respawning Merc sure as hell does.

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

Quote from: Cronky on February 08, 2011, 01:16:16 PM
Sounds like something that would already be in the game.

Instead of pointing out obvious reasons why it wouldn't hurt to be in there I'll just leave 1 situation.

A Merc lays a mine. You grab him from behind without setting it off. Pulling out your gun you place your laser over the freshly activated mine. Tapping into his comms you hear the a shout of "FUCKIN HAXX". You fire. The Merc's body absorbs a majority of the damage from the blast. You're stunned and kill-less, but alive. You give a slight grin as a "X just committed suicide" message pops up.

The other two people may not know what just happened, but that respawning Merc sure as hell does.

Im going to have to disagree with you because everyone knows if you stand up at all near a proxy it will blow up =/... so that negates that theory.

I do however think it would be a good defensive tactic especially if your partner is dead.

NeoSuperior

as long as the spy cannot break the merc's neck, while using the tazer, its fine
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

I'm not sure, the SS is somewhat clumsy in size compared to a pistol to wield while holding someone in a necklock. Unless the spy holds it at his hip, something like a cowboy shooting from his holster. The holster would provide the support to shoot somewhat accurate.

MulleDK19

If there's another merc close, you're not supposed to engage. You're not even supposed to engage at all.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

VaNilla

I think it would be a good idea to have, I can think of good applications for it in CT. For example at Garden 2 in Clubhouse, one spy could grab a merc and hold him whilst his mate hacks, and shoot any mercs coming from the elevator :)

I <3 U

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 08, 2011, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: Cronky on February 08, 2011, 01:16:16 PM
Im going to have to disagree with you because everyone knows if you stand up at all near a proxy it will blow up =/... so that negates that theory.

It's a different game remember.
But still a good idea, I always wondered why you couldn't do this on multi player.

puuusianka

I think it will break the balance. I thought about it already long time ago. One of the first ideas that actually comes to head when thinking of implementations to the game... I think ubi also thought about it. It's too obvious. Firstly it's too much powerful. Secondly the merc should be able to get out of the neck catch if the guy just point the gun somewhere else. What's more remember that "some day" you'll have to either break the neck or make the guy sleep. I think more dumb things will show up during the game. I think it shouldn't be in PS 1.0.

monterto

look at back to wall shooting in SCCT and this idea instantly works.

can't move, can't aim and can't look around.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

DreadStunLock

Great idea, was thinking about that, BUT:

The spy itself is really skinny and doesn't have a very huge muscle mass, and for a mercenary that is bulky and heavy, would be pretty ridicilously easy to get out of the neckbreak position, especially if he decides to put more force back(The Mercenary) and crush the spy with his heavy mass.

Other than that, I have no objections, but the spy definately should not be able to:

A) Move.

B) Taking out tazer should at least take 3 seconds after the grab to come out.

C) It takes couple of seconds to necksnap after putting away the tazer.

D) The mercenary should choke faster for the balance issue, and cannot be/CAN ONLY? knocked out.

AgentX_003

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on February 08, 2011, 05:55:36 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have, I can think of good applications for it in CT. For example at Garden 2 in Clubhouse, one spy could grab a merc and hold him whilst his mate hacks, and shoot any mercs coming from the elevator :)

precisely what i was thinking or you could in the situation say his partner is about to charge at you,

you can snap the guys neck of who your holding, taze the other merc and vanish.

DreadStunLock

This is a good thread, but where are the developer comments? I bet they have something in store to make this idea go away...which I really hope not.

Cronky

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 08, 2011, 04:15:45 PM

I do however think it would be a good defensive tactic especially if your partner is dead.

Agentttt, you were supposed to pretend while reading my story ;)

Pretend that while standing up normally is a fast transition from crouching, grabbing a merc is a slow one.

Fast = "I'm a mine, and you crossed my path" *explosion*
Slow = "This guy's legit. He can pass" *no explosion*
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky