Mapping: Setting up Objectives

Started by frvge, April 23, 2011, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zglina

Quote from: frvge on April 28, 2011, 10:59:20 PM
We're trying to get one vid out per week now. But we have some problems with the Merc. I think I can make another Spy vid this weekend :).

:D YAAAY

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on April 28, 2011, 10:59:20 PM
We're trying to get one vid out per week now. But we have some problems with the Merc. I think I can make another Spy vid this weekend :).

Let's hope the Merc will get out of the toilet before the next photoshoot then :P

frvge

It's a goal. Doesn't mean we'll meet it, because of internal stuff. Of course, most relevant, if not all, departments should be happy with a video before we show it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

how many people are still active in the dev team?

Zedblade

Quote from: I <3 U on April 29, 2011, 08:35:17 PM
how many people are still active in the dev team?

1 or 2... maybe 3. As always.

frvge

Lennard, Morten, Zed (somewhat), comicsserg, frvge, Binary (somewhat), 2 new members (Sound Design and Modeling). So 8. And today I sent 2 PMs because we have input for a few other people to start working again. Hopefully 10 soon ;)

This is normal, because there's not much to do for some departments after a certain point in the development timeline. Effects (MRMic) for example were like 90% done many months ago. We've implemented those in the past few weeks, so now we can see them in action and then get ready to tweak them and make the final 10% for destruction (like sparks when shooting metal etc). Same goes for music (Theodore), 2D (tigaer), rigging and character modeling (goodkebab) and fonts and initial icons (MacBryce).

I'm really seeing the game get better and better on a weekly basis (ok, sometimes 2 weeks) and it's really cool to see how all of it is coming together.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on May 01, 2011, 06:32:22 PM
Lennard, Morten, Zed (somewhat), comicsserg, frvge, Binary (somewhat), 2 new members (Sound Design and Modeling). So 8. And today I sent 2 PMs because we have input for a few other people to start working again. Hopefully 10 soon ;)

This is normal, because there's not much to do for some departments after a certain point in the development timeline. Effects (MRMic) for example were like 90% done many months ago. We've implemented those in the past few weeks, so now we can see them in action and then get ready to tweak them and make the final 10% for destruction (like sparks when shooting metal etc). Same goes for music (Theodore), 2D (tigaer), rigging and character modeling (goodkebab) and fonts and initial icons (MacBryce).

I'm really seeing the game get better and better on a weekly basis (ok, sometimes 2 weeks) and it's really cool to see how all of it is coming together.

Hmm why isn't this posted on twitter :D ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

puuusianka

Do you have the spy basic coop anim(Body ladder)? Its a question from the very past when you said that you have 90% for the first time. You answered then "No". How about now? Not tryin to annoy you, just bein curious(I am learnin UDK anyway).

comicsserg

the coop animation is almost done, I'm tweaking the last frames right now! ;D but you probably won't see it until a few weeks ;D

frvge

True. We prefer to show things once they have been around for a while. Of course there are exceptions where things that were made in the past 1-2 weeks get shown. We prefer to let the new stuff rest for a while for tweaking before we show it.

DreadStunLock

Frvge, what about Concept Art? Would be nice to see more of it.

frvge

We have more for Asylum, but are keeping it in our Trove Of Backup Things. In case we have a massive failure we can then still use that to keep the crowds reasonably satisfied with something 'new'.

It's IMO nice to have a comparison between the concept art and the final 3D room in the editor. As you can see, Kon Artist and Binary are not as active at the moment beacuse of personal stuff, so we're postponing releasing more of Asylum for now and are focusing on more programming-related stuff.

I hope you guys appreciate this kind of transparency. I know we've been kinda closed on the things we were working on and the stuff that we've finished in the past, but that's mostly for building up some backup things for our Trove.

DreadStunLock

Doesn't have to be Asylum only, I really like the standalone spy picture in the renders section, as well as the mercenary and the spy scene, where the spy is in the shadow and the mercenary is searching for the intruder with his torchlight.

frvge

We dont have concept art for anything other than Asylum and some objectives which you've seen already.

DreadStunLock

That kind of sucks to be honest, Concept art could really help in advertisement :|