July 2012 Update

Started by Jordan, July 09, 2012, 10:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

So, how far in is Project Stealth? Any beta coming up soon? The projected time for a working version was June 2012, as of last year. Any news for me?  ;)

frvge

Got some improvements done, but we've lost 2 programmers in the past 6 months and I've step up to fix bugs myself now.

We're close to 'critical-mass'. This is the point where we can go a lot more public to get extra exposure, which should help attract more potential team members.
So we're close, but not yet till beta.

Once we hit critical-mass, you'll know ;) Got some nice things planned for that.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

I read critical mass and thought that meant it was close to imploding or some shizz.

Just so you know, my faith in humanity NAY, the Universe, lies with the completion of Project Stealth.

SpliNterCellFan697

Could you guys give us a month in which you predict the game would be done in?   
Splinter Cell never had killing in motion to begin wtih.
3rd in command of the DSC clan.

frvge

No, the progress differs too much. At any point in time, we could lose or gain new team members. Once we have a more stable team, hopefully after we do a lot of PR when we have something to show (hopefully soon!) then maybe.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SpliNterCellFan697

Oh okay, but will there at least be anymore YT videos or Tweets on Twitter to tell us what more is going on? I've been wondering about that for quite a while now : /. (Sorry if I'm a little pushy in this reply.)

frvge

Yes, I hope we can make something showable soon. I hate the word 'soon' because it's so vague, but I am also fed up with not meeting our proposed times, so I'm picking vague for now :p

SpliNterCellFan697

Lol yeah, sorta defeats the purpose doesn't it.

Jordan

Beta starts tomorrow!? Alright!

frvge

Only for devs. We'll hang out on Teamspeak and trash talk.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: frvge on July 26, 2012, 09:08:15 AM
Only for devs. We'll hang out on Teamspeak and trash talk.

Make sure you fill us in on how the Beta went! We want all the juicy details on how the game looks and plays so far, from the devs themselves.  :)
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

NeoSuperior

+1 month...

EDIT: oh there was another mention of the forbidden word... so fixed.

1+1=2 months...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

Hope you guys show us something... like a in-game video :D
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

frvge

Actually, my comment was a troll. But yes, we're working on getting stuff good enough to show in-game video :)

I'm trying to fix an issue this weekend and then it'll probably be good enough to show.

RaDRoacH

Hahaha great! wait... are you trolling again? ::)
Sorry if my english is not perfect.