The Assault Rifle Discussion

Started by Farley4Fan, December 24, 2007, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

i think it should be possible to drop nades, and you should also be able to activate camo while in split jump (don't know if it's possible in ct).
it seem's quite balanced to me that you have to think twice before dropping a nade, and camo also isn't op there because when the merc finds you in split jump you are pretty dead anyways.
it's a good thing that it does only work in a fistful of of opportunities, but it's a good slight boost to the underused split-jump so i'd say go for it.

on the burst topic: i suggest a higher rate of fire and less recoil, but with a cooldown between the burst that big that the overall fire rate is a little beneath ct automatic.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Westfall-US on January 15, 2008, 06:26:00 AM
Yes, go ahead. Implement this "good idea". I thought he was being sarcastic. It doesn't seem wise at all. It already isn't that hard to know if a spy has split jump or not. Any accurate merc would be checking everything as he goes, always knowing what's above, below, in front, and behind him. So, go for it. It only gives your position away that much more. Smoke will outline you if you're in a dark area, and if you were hidden and throw a nade down, merc just watched you do it.

I don't deny that it could be clever, but it would lead to your death.....98% of the time.
Westfall you missed my point.
In CT if you're caught in the splitjump, you're dead right away, so dropping nades when detected would give you a very small time period that could let you escape.
Or not.

Farley4Fan

It depends where you can use the split jumps and how dark the area is.  Even then, if you aren't detected why throw a nade?  If you are detected, it would be smarter to throw a nade but you'll die anyways.

Westfall

Quote from: Kok4f4n on January 15, 2008, 04:23:57 PM
Yes, go ahead. Implement this "good idea". I thought he was being sarcastic. It doesn't seem wise at all. It already isn't that hard to know if a spy has split jump or not. Any accurate merc would be checking everything as he goes, always knowing what's above, below, in front, and behind him. So, go for it. It only gives your position away that much more. Smoke will outline you if you're in a dark area, and if you were hidden and throw a nade down, merc just watched you do it.

I don't deny that it could be clever, but it would lead to your death.....98% of the time.
Westfall you missed my point.
In CT if you're caught in the splitjump, you're dead right away, so dropping nades when detected would give you a very small time period that could let you escape.
Or not.

Dropping a nade because you're caught wouldn't help you though because the animation of your release, aka gravity, would doom you. Merc charges as you fall, no matter what nade you drop and *SLAP*...one life wasted.

@Gaiwan: Camo can be used while in split jump in CT.

neth

Imo spy should jump higher when performing split jump, it would allow him to be undetected. Right now its too easy to notice a spy in split-jump position

Westfall

the split jump now is realistic. If the spy goes any higher, we might as well have the dev team put a ladder on the wall only accessible to spies.

neth

He could do the move from single player when he jumps higher after split jump if you care about realism.

Or if the walls are close enough, slowly climb higher.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Cyntrox on January 15, 2008, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: B1nArY_001 on January 15, 2008, 12:29:44 AM
Quote from: frvge on January 14, 2008, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: Kok4f4n on January 14, 2008, 08:58:17 PM
And, how about throwing grenades down with the mouse buttons when in split-jump?
Nice idea.

Agreed.
As long as the grenades fall faster than the quick-throw nades in CT.

In CT you could of course shoot grenades while split jumping but if you had been able to simply drop them it could have proved useful especially when caught in a split jump. If you drop a smoke or a flashbang it could provide just enough distraction and obscure the merc's vision for the second needed to escape because the merc will either have to switch visions, wait for a flashbang to wear off, equip and turn on his mask, do nothing or blindly charge in. No matter how you look at it you have improved your chances of either escape or luring the merc into exposing himself. It wouldn't work every time but it is an improvement.

Farley4Fan

We definitely need the half split jump.  It would be awesome to be able to climb narrow passages by using this move.  Who else thinks that the maps should be a little more vertical than they are now?  Of course, that would mean more ladders,stairs, elevators, pipes (or narrow tall hallways that the spies can climb up using the half split jump)

I think that to get a split jump to be higher you would have to have the spy run up the wall first and then jump.  It would all be 2 buttons.  1 button to start running up the wall, then another button to set up the split jump.  Sounds good to me.

Ehh... also, i'd like to see the possibilty to throw nades down without the delay between them when in split-jump. Then it would give the spy a few options about what to do.
a. Throw a nade and juts jump down
b. Throw a nade, and wait for the merc to charge in (lawl noob)
c. [just fantasizing here] Throw a smoke (preferably), let the merc change vision to mt (99% probability that he will), throw another nade down, and when he charges fall on him. This option would either prove that the merc is a total noob, or you would die before dropping the second nade.

Farley4Fan

That would be good.  Depends on who you play with of course.