Main Menu

L4D 2

Started by Westfall, June 04, 2009, 05:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Who's pissed about this shit. To be released in November....the game is only a year old. PC $50, XBox $60....great

LoChang

Wtf?  Really?  Already?  It's like UBI.

Roberto1223

im so pissed!

*The fucking L4D game can get a fucking AXE and a swing animation as a fucking free patch.
*The game would have only improved if they had made it scary this time which is not the case. they mad it worse by making most of the levels in day-time (WTF).

*I expected the devs to treat this game as they do TF2 (they realase new stuff all the time).

*The new characters have a shitty southern accent.

*There are 2 blacks this time (call me a racist i dont give a fuck).

--the chick is all black and nasty looking
    --lets face it, black dudes prefer to fuck white girls than they do black girls. white girls are hotter PERIOD.
    --Its not like black people play video games enough to go like "man fucking devs are racist, they never put a black chick!"

overall the game was a dissapointment. i will only buy it if i feel like im left behind.

the good news is that i never bought it! hah! i play in a friends account cause he cant run the game lolzors, but still im pissed.

they just want more cash thats all.

Farley4Fan

Way, way, way too early.  I still haven't gotten around to playing that new update content for the first L4D.  They easily could have just charged 20 bucks for new campaigns, characters, and weapons.  60 dollars, a year in development?  No thanks.  That's why I skip the odd-numbered call of duties-and I will do that until the franchise is over.  I don't want the same game, more or less, within a year.  I don't mind hefty expansions, but brand new full price games every year is overkill.

Zedblade

Damn valve for giving us more awesome games. how dare they give us a completely new game in a franchise most of us love only a year later, which isn't just some weak ass expansion but an entirely new game with new everything. DAMN  THEY JUST LIKE UBI!11111

God you guys are fucking pathetic.

Kubanator

Aw ma, it's gonna suck when they stop updating L4D. Oh wait. They said that they would continue to support it, and make it compatible with L4D 2. Read up.

Roberto1223

i dont know about you guys but im not gonna be playing as a cunt with a southern accent on top. fuck that shit. im not gonna pay 50 dollars for that shit.

i wip them bitches.
Fuck Obama too.

fuck this L4D 2 game and fuck zedblade.

[frvge edit: you manage to break rule #7, even after you said 'ok' in the rules-thread yourself: FAIL]

Tidenburg

I have to agree. The characters seem completely unlikable (but they may do an overhaul like with L4D1) and the setting doesn't really appeal either (daytime sucks). But the game is pretty much better in everyway (5 campaigns, with all mp modes supported out the box), definately qualifies as a full game and worth the $$$, people've been moaning about L4D1 getting samish and yet they complain when they bring out another?

No one's ever pleased. :P

My one concern is that melee weapons look FAR to overpowered, in the gameplay footage they were hacking out entire hordes with 1 swing! Kind of takes out the panic.

Verex

I was expecting something like Half-Life 2: Episode 3 or something from Valve, not L4D 2. Tbh, i like L4D i have it, but one year? They could have waited another year and released it as an expasion for $20. I do feel like its abusing the market, seeing as they have just released the beta dev tools. I was expecting a bit more support from Valve, thats just my opinion.

Bubbaganoosh

Nobody is forcing you people to buy it. Just because it comes out it doesn't mean you have to buy it.
Yes they could have done an expansion or something. Maybe just added new survivors to choose from. But instead they are going all new campaigns, all new characters, and most likely there will be some new special infected to deal with. Sure it may not be worth $50 but there is nothing stopping you from waiting to buy it.

I just bought L4D a little while ago during the free weekend. I paid $20 for it. Pretty good value to me and I enjoy it just as much as you people who paid full price for it, probably more as it cost me less than half full retail so my cost per hour is much less.

I really don't know why some of you aren't offended by Roberto1223's remarks. I mean he just sounds like a douchebag racist and I would have figured that wouldn't be tolerated here. So what if they are from the South and/or black. I have spent alot of time working down there and I can say they are alot friendlier people than the most  of the rest of the US. All racism does is show a lack of intelligence and an uninformed opinion. People like you Robert are destined to fail at life.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Westfall

Quote from: Zedblade on June 04, 2009, 07:40:16 AM
Damn valve for giving us more awesome games. how dare they give us a completely new game in a franchise most of us love only a year later, which isn't just some weak ass expansion but an entirely new game with new everything. DAMN  THEY JUST LIKE UBI!11111

God you guys are fucking pathetic.

Apparently someone has not been doing their homework. This should be an expansion pack, since it what creators promised to the community a while back. New infected, new guns, new mp modes, new characters....half of these were promised for this summer with L4D as an update. Instead it got bumped to November, is costing the same price for the SAME material, and has.....an expansion pack added to it. I'm excited for the new gameplay, but releasing a sequel in less than a year is really quite stupid: in terms of marketing and just plain ole "getting people to continue playing the game".

It's not a "new game". It has additions to the current game.....like an expansion if you will. I'm pumped for new material, but unhappy over getting raped in the ass to buy another L4D game....when the first one is still less than a year old!!

I've only seen one of the special infected...in the trailer...no, its not a tank with overalls...Its called a charger. We will see what he does at some point. The maps are set in daytime for a reason, since all of the other ones were set to nighttime. ALSO, they wanted the witch to start walking around. In nighttime she doesn't, but in the daytime she acts like a regular zombie, unless of course you piss her off...then shes fucking witch again.

The melee weapons sound...well...kind of stupid. If you have a gun with unlimited ammo, why would you want to hit a horde of zombies with a baseball bat that can splinter? Only perk here is if you grab a chainsaw. There are new items and such, but all could have been released as an update. I would pay $20-$30 for the expansion. I don't understand why they are going to ask full price.

Also, the new characters don't matter to me at all. The characters now don't matter to me. So yes, Roberto, being pissed that there are 2 black characters makes you a bigot. You must live in a trailer somewhere. Amazing how you even have a computer with the interwebs.

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on June 04, 2009, 03:31:31 PM
Nobody is forcing you people to buy it. Just because it comes out it doesn't mean you have to buy it.
Yes they could have done an expansion or something. Maybe just added new survivors to choose from. But instead they are going all new campaigns, all new characters, and most likely there will be some new special infected to deal with. Sure it may not be worth $50 but there is nothing stopping you from waiting to buy it.

Duh bubba...thats not really the point here. It will easily not be worth the $50, but also it is just way too soon. Oh yea, and all of the new additions were already promised to the community as updates for L4D...I must have already mentioned that elsewhere.

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on June 04, 2009, 03:31:31 PM
I really don't know why some of you aren't offended by Roberto1223's remarks.

I assume that's because nobody cares about his posts because they're all shit.

neth

Haven't bought L4D yet but it pretty loses it's point right now.

I'm against releasing sequels every year mainly because there is usually no progress between them. Just look at what happened with CoD series. All you get is slightly improved graphics and some small additions that are introduced as revolutionary innovations.

But as always, it's all about one thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFdjq2xG-7o

Bubbaganoosh

"Duh bubba...thats not really the point here. It will easily not be worth the $50, but also it is just way too soon. Oh yea, and all of the new additions were already promised to the community as updates for L4D...I must have already mentioned that elsewhere."

Are you more angry you paid full price for it or that they are releasing a sequel a year later. I guess they decided to try to make money off a sequel instead of just giving it away. I mean they are still a business and still have to pay programmers. I wouldn't pay $50 for the sequel but I would pay half that. To me I got $25 worth of enjoyment from the first one which is good as that's all I paid for it.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Gawain

i don't know shit about l4d, but from what i read here i'd say stop bitching and simply buy it when it's cheap...