What in the hell has happened to splinter cell ?

Started by Little Baby PiG, April 16, 2010, 02:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinter Cell Conviction is garbage and ubisoft ruined a great series

I agree
16 (69.6%)
I disagree
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Little Baby PiG

The first 3 splinter cells were awesome, they took skill, required patience and were very original games...the spy vs mercs was so legendary and skillfull, ubisoft completely dumbed down the svm in double agent and ruined a great thing, then they just completely ruined everything about splinter cell , and released a 10 yr olds dream, aka conviction...when i watch conviction gameplay video's and trailers i seriously just want to puke, its a joke and its not even splinter cell anymore, casual gaming has ruined the console genre, and I'm definitely going to buy a pc for the independent hardcore titles out there, such as project stealth, thank god theres people out there that know how to make games , and make them right, project stealth is everything i wanted after chaos theory, and u guys are making it, great job so far and I hope to hear more about it soon.

VenomousNinja

You've never played Conviction, have you?

I can assure you, as long as you don't play on Rookie, it's still Splinter Cell.

Farley4Fan

Gawain

i just watched some multiplayer footage. looks to me as if this was the fastest, most short-term-fun splinter cell mp ever. i really wonder if they can still boost the casual players appeal in the successor after this... xD

Spark Mandriller

And we'd done so well ignoring this thread up to now...

Farley4Fan

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on April 26, 2010, 06:06:49 PM
Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

On realistic, your aiming reticle snaps to the enemy's head if you are aiming at their body when you push the zoom button.  That should be for rookies, but it's on realistic.

Gawain

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: FarleyFan on April 26, 2010, 09:23:53 PM
Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

On realistic, your aiming reticle snaps to the enemy's head if you are aiming at their body when you push the zoom button.  That should be for rookies, but it's on realistic.

Isn't that just console auto-aim? Because they have a hard time to hit stuff?

LennardF1989

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on April 27, 2010, 04:09:18 PM
Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

Indeed, I doubt it's in the PC version.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on April 27, 2010, 04:09:18 PM
Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

It might be.  But that's beside the point.  I can turn off auto-aim on most games but NOT this game, it doesn't even turn off for you on REALISTIC!  How hard is it to aim?  For fuck's sake this game was made for babies.

Also, even on console, I have NEVER encountered a game where if you aim at the enemy's nuts it snaps to their head for an easy headshot.  Ever.  I have never seen something like that.  The most common auto aim is just something that eases your cursor towards the enemy, and you can usually turn that off or it is not present on the hardest difficulty.

A wise man once said "Sam Fisherprice"...

VaNilla

Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

That doesn't make rookie mode 'play the same as realistic'.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on April 27, 2010, 06:38:17 PM
Not really... ;)

Yes really... ;)

That doesn't make rookie mode 'play the same as realistic'.

No, I'm saying it makes it fucking easy, and it might as well be rookie mode.  On "realistic" mode, they shouldn't be doing the headshots for you.  DUH.

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on April 27, 2010, 08:25:18 PM
You're Sam Fisher, you are not suppose to miss your shots.

You must be sarcastic here.  What the fuck ever happened to playing the game?  If you don't aim for the head then you shouldn't get a headshot.  Now, they hold your hand in order to make you feel cool, EVEN ON THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY.  If I line up for a nipple shot then give me a nipple shot.  Nothing takes me out of the experience more, nothing makes me feel LESS like Sam Fisher, than to see my cursor automatically go to the enemy's head.  It's insulting.  It doesn't make me feel like Sam to see the computer auto-headshot what should be a gut shot.   It does not belong in the hardest difficulty let alone the splinter cell franchise.

Spark Mandriller

Haha okay maybe this thread is more entertaining than I thought it'd be. Auto headshots, oh man.