You guys can profit from this?

Started by Tidenburg, August 04, 2010, 09:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

I just looked a the licensing and you could put adverts in the site / game or even charge for it from the looks of things. You just have to pay $99 and then pay royalties to epic?

Or did I read that completely wrong?

frvge

Licensing is a one-time fee of 99$ and then 25% afaik of everything above 5000$, to be paid quarterly.

We're not at that stage yet and we dont have any income. (note: the site etc are also ad-free, although I did buy a commercial jwplayer license to be sure).
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Wow, I actually did not notice this site was advertisement free zone till you mentioned it. Isn't that kind of really expensive to host? O o

frvge

My own server... but yes, it's not cheap to keep up a server without any income. xD
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

unskilled

Quote from: frvge on August 05, 2010, 11:26:53 AM
My own server... but yes, it's not cheap to keep up a server without any income. xD

Maybe you could keep it from few commercials?  :)

frvge

Meh. The benefits of ads won't be big enough to warrant the mess in the layout. But we'll see.

Ion.67

Just make a really popular youtube channel. I hear that works good for money.

Farley4Fan

Gimme some of that internet money, guy!

Gawain

btw, frvge, how's your cashcow coming along?

frvge