****New Spy Gadget Idea ****

Started by AgentX_003, September 01, 2008, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

ok my idea is this :

a gadget that's in design of the modem from the mode sabotage ( for those who remember it from Pt).

Use : Be planted on a wall.   Can only be equipped one  per person because then you would have spies
opening doors everywhere.

Function : Enables the spy to open doors in a more subtle manner. Its range includes that the  Gadget can only be planted on a outer wall close to the  door panel. Device can hack panel through wall.

Trade off : Just like a sticky cam ,a Merc can detect it on Emf and shoot it out.

other notes :
Hacking in progress warning: Yet to be determined. 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

monterto

I like this idea, the way I see it, it would add depth without throwing off balance...
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Gawain

where's the depth in a gadget with that little use? oO

Tidenburg

I can has proximity EMP device?

Make it affect all electrical equipment in the area near it while it's active. Including lights and the mercs hud etc. It should have to be placed by a standing spy and only effect things on the same height as it in a certain range. (I.e, you can't put one in a tall vent and effect everything)

Gawain

this idea is total bullshit.
instead of adding new bs gadgets that overlap with others (or have that little use that no1 will take them), how about giving snares a new interaction-with-hacking-panels feature, for instance: snare on/close to hacking panel randomly triggers the hacking message etc
remote hacking should not be possible via some gadget, but via a new type of objective/hacking panel.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Snares would be OP.
Also, maybe you wouldn't want a snare to make much noise while it's hacking a panel.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Rambo on September 01, 2008, 04:41:44 PM
instead of adding new bs gadgets that overlap with others (or have that little use that no1 will take them), how about giving snares a new interaction-with-hacking-panels feature, for instance: snare on/close to hacking panel randomly triggers the hacking message etc
remote hacking should not be possible via some gadget, but via a new type of objective/hacking panel.

its not doing anything Unbalanced... it just allows the spy to hack the door without being shot in the head.

but for those diehard aggro spies they can hack the panel manually. they can do so. and I already explained the trade off.

Westfall

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 01, 2008, 05:26:28 PM

its not doing anything Unbalanced... it just allows the spy to hack the door without being shot in the head.

but for those diehard aggro spies they can hack the panel manually. they can do so. and I already explained the trade off.

This is understood, but what's the point of wasting a gadget slot for 1 piece of eq.?

AgentX_003

Quote from: Westfall on September 01, 2008, 05:29:01 PM

This is understood, but what's the point of wasting a gadget slot for 1 piece of eq.?

The point is its another gadget to the spies arsenal and can be used as a diversion.

Westfall

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 01, 2008, 06:01:20 PM
Quote from: Westfall on September 01, 2008, 05:29:01 PM

The point is its another gadget to the spies arsenal and can be used as a diversion.

I'm agreeing with Rambo on this one. This gadget has only one tactical diversion which could be accomplished with camo on another spy. For only 1 piece? Needs to be better thought out. Just like camnet should have a time limit instead of infinite eye in the sky.

Gawain

camnet with time limit? that's almost as much bullshit like agent's idea XD

Your attitude is shitty.

Timelimit on Hawkeye would be good (refilling with time, ofc).

Also, how about adding the Remote hacker to the spy bullet as an alt. mode?

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on September 01, 2008, 06:16:52 PM
camnet with time limit? that's almost as much bullshit like agent's idea XD

Surprising coming from someone who focuses his knowledge on "balance." Disputing a time limit on camnet or some sort of battery power on it shows just how much you don't know about balance. Even the SS needs to refill...camnet is the only infinite eq...and who does it go to? The overpowered mercs. I wish ppl were consistent with their thoughts on balance. Obviously some are just all talk.

This isn't the place for this discussion though as we are focused on Agent's idea, which has the flaw of getting one use and wasting a slot.

How about 3-5 uses + emp on a 5 meter radius?

Emp would help set up traps for spies, since mercs can't use visions.
Having it hack panels would be a nice thing (like having a third spy that only hacks the panels)

Gawain

camnet can easily be balanced by the right placement (which zed is easily capable of), there's simply no need to nerf the gadget itself (especially not in this way cause the pros flip through the rooms only very quickly anyways). besides, camo will get a boost and camnet will probably loose special visions.