Main Menu

its coming ...

Started by AgentX_003, November 13, 2007, 04:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gui Brazil

Quote from: B1nArY_001 on November 13, 2007, 07:47:51 PM
Mudbox works fine (Little jerky but workable) with several million polygons on a 3.2ghz 64bit processor, 4gigs of 667mhz ram. Though I'm looking forward to seeing how much it can handle once I ditch my mobo processor and ram for a Quad Core etc. But with Christmas here and a large family to get gifts for, it will have to wait until after the holiday. Grumble.

Mudbox and Zbrush are such a pain when you need fine detail and you only have 1gb PC3200, lol.

reason3d

i dont know about mudbox , is it a high end , quality application ?

i know though i can only handle around 1/3rd million polys in 3ds max .

Tidenburg

well go to the spy dev thread and watch as the spy progresses. When the body is all blocky kebab put each part "into the mudbox" and go further in and you'll see the amazing detail he put onto each part in mb.

reason3d

hmm , ill have to check out a demo ... i have seen the high-res musculature built for the merc model , though i had assumed it was made in maya . amazing results , really .

goodkebab

Mudbox is currently limited to 32 bit OS limitations.

So performance is pretty much the same regardless of how much Ram you have over 2gb.

So the peak performance is around 7 million poly mesh regardless of your system.  Zbrush  can go higher before it suffers limits,  but it also has around a 7 million limit if the mesh has multiple subD levels.

I personally prefer Mudbox for the superiour interface  (just a plane fact in comparison to Zbrush) because that easily speeds me up despite the advantages of Zbrush.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: goodkebab on November 13, 2007, 09:18:38 PMMudbox is currently limited to 32 bit OS limitations.

Well that's dissapointing  :-\

I played around with ZBrush and yeah, I didn't like the UI at all. I haven't used it extensively enough to see a major difference in capabilities though.

LennardF1989

Quote from: frvge on November 13, 2007, 12:08:45 PM
I still can't connect to UT3 beta online.

You need a GameSpy account with a profile in it.

Easiest way todo this is by installing GameSpy Arcade (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/) and clicking "Create new account".

For some reason, the ingame Demo account creation is bugged.

reason3d

Quote from: Tidenburg on November 13, 2007, 08:46:42 PM
well go to the spy dev thread and watch as the spy progresses. When the body is all blocky kebab put each part "into the mudbox" and go further in and you'll see the amazing detail he put onto each part in mb.

yeah i was kind of blown away , doing all that in max would be daunting for me .

iservealot

Quote from: BurningDeath on November 13, 2007, 08:11:32 PM
Since it's already been released here in Austria, I'm most likely going to pick it up tomorrow!

No it's not... ?

BurningDeath

Quote from: iservealot on November 14, 2007, 05:15:58 AM
Quote from: BurningDeath on November 13, 2007, 08:11:32 PM
Since it's already been released here in Austria, I'm most likely going to pick it up tomorrow!

No it's not... ?
Yes it is.

Capone_FTW

I just got it yesterday :)