Arma2 / Operation Arrowhead

Started by Finrar, April 12, 2011, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finrar

Hey, i wonder is there any ARMA players on this community. People who dont know what Arma is its a tactical shooter video game for pc, so its very hard to learn on first point. Its not console bullshit like Ofp dragon rising ( altought the ofp Cold War Crisis was legendary). If you have this game, check this upcoming mod out.

PR: Arma 2

E: Link is working

knooger

monterto

http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

knooger

I know :)
Well, I know this mod since long time.

Aj

I have it.  Picked them up together for $12.50 during the Amazon download holiday sale.

Xfire: Aj6627

Finrar

Woah i was playing United operations first time and i gotta say that i was prety impressed  :o

Ps: Codemaster made Ofp like Cod again <.<  dont like that

knooger

Risto, every game will be now CoD-like. Because ppl want that kind of games :/

BTW. I've seen 215ppl PR SERVER! hahaha.

DreadStunLock

And after 20 years, people will call COD: Black Ops a classic -.- instead of taking a peek at Deus Ex and say "Wow that was a truly amazing game..."

But ofcourse noone will since a lot of the people always say "Deus Ex is too long and there are no paths to spoon feed me to where to go"

Finrar

Quote from: KnoogeR on April 23, 2011, 03:18:38 AM

BTW. I've seen 215ppl PR SERVER! hahaha.

That was a damn mess, i was playing there and there were squad size about 18 wth <.< it was damn chaos everywhere imbosible to coordinate such a squad unless you make 2-3 groups in your squad.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Risto on April 12, 2011, 09:30:14 PM
Hey, i wonder is there any ARMA players on this community. People who dont know what Arma is its a tactical shooter video game for pc, so its very hard to learn on first point. Its not console bullshit like Ofp dragon rising ( altought the ofp Cold War Crisis was legendary).

It's not a tactical shooter. It's a full blown warfare simulator.

I've been playing ARMA 2 for a long time. Ever since it was called Operation Flashpoint instead.

Not Project Reality, though. Keep that crap away from my system.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

DreadStunLock

What kind of a game is it? I saw it on the youtube but it's weird, the camera switches the angle, then you are in FPS, then something else, I really don't get it :( Would like to try it though.

MulleDK19

Quote from: DreadStunLock on April 26, 2011, 11:54:53 PM
What kind of a game is it? I saw it on the youtube but it's weird, the camera switches the angle, then you are in FPS, then something else, I really don't get it :( Would like to try it though.

It's a warfare simulator. You can play in both first person and third person, when playing on Regular difficulty.

On Expert difficulty, you can only be in first person, and there will be no helpers. No crosshair, no indication of your position on the world map, etc.

Buy ARMA 2: Combined Operations from SprocketIdea.com

Finrar

It's not a tactical shooter. It's a full blown warfare simulator.

Yeah well, i dont know these english terms prety well :D

Not Project Reality, though. Keep that crap away from my system.

Whats wrong with the pr :D ? best teamwork and pvp in public servers 

ShadowX

Arma 2 midweek madness on steam, -80%, which leaves it at 5,99â,¬, bought it. Operation Arrowhead is also on some sale but it cost too much for me at the moment.

MulleDK19

Quote from: ShadowX on April 27, 2011, 04:56:28 PM
Arma 2 midweek madness on steam, -80%, which leaves it at 5,99â,¬, bought it. Operation Arrowhead is also on some sale but it cost too much for me at the moment.

I still suggest buying it on SprocketIdea.com.

That way, you'll support the company, and you will get patches earlier than on Steam. Also, patches will be 200mB, instead of 2.5gB.