A quote by Woosy

Started by CaedusSaevire, November 18, 2006, 02:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaedusSaevire

This just got in:

Woosy
QuoteThere is a big difference, I have Rhoulette to talk to, and do on a daily basis for modding duty, suggestions and feedback on SC related stuff, which has been like that since I've been a mod back in August. This is without the council which hasn't been formed yet. There is communication behind the curtains and ALOT of it which you don't see unfortunatly, I also have Ubi_Warder a tech guy who I pass reports on about bugs and if serious enough go straight to the development team, some of the glitches have been disgusting.

The foundation is there, where the R6 council failed is lack of interaction, that just doesn't happen in the SC arena, I don't PM my CM, I IM her and things get dealt with pretty quickly, the council in my opinion will do wonders on getting a ton of these bugs sorted, and bringing to the table community requests, simply because I've seen them being taken seriously.

I agree with Mike, Double Agent is a rushed port no defending that, it's obvious it is, graphics aren't on par they have been downgraded especially the polygon count, buttons cannot be configured to ones own customisation, the game feels unoptimised. That said it doesn't mean they can't try and improve things, if not fix them, they should of been great out the box, but I'm not gonna moan and moan about it if i can do something positive, if someone can try and improve something, and getting noticed and are in the works for a fix, thats way above the R6 council.

EDIT:

quote:
    I'd rather spend my money on games who focus 100% & listen to their PC consumers. Something Ubisoft has failed to do twice(?).

Deosl, Ubi listerned to the PC consumers for SCDA, R6 consumers? No, but it is why SCDA is a port. You see, originally Montreal was making the PC version of SCDA which had Spy vs Spy. But due to popular demand by the PC community they wanted the Next-Gen version with Spy Vs Merc, so Ubi changed it, they listerned they even delayed the release, they told the community you would get a port alas, the community was happy. Ironically, the version Montreal was working on which can be seen in the regular xbox version blows away the next-gen on story and immersion. Now PC gamers wish to have the xbox version which was originally inteded to be on the PC, due to story and badly done optimisation.

Holy shit, Ubi starts mud slinging towards their customers now?

VaNilla

That's also wrong, he said we asked for the next gen version. We just asked for SvM....

frvge

QuoteUs, the PC players of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell-series and others, who care about the fate of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent on PC, would like Ubisoft to implement the much advertised new 3 Spies versus 3 Upsilon Force members, as implemented on Xbox 360. We'd even like this at the cost of a delay of acceptable time to implement it. Another option would be to split-up the game in 2 separate games of which one consists of the multiplayer mode Spies versus Upsilon Force and possibly the new Spies vs Spies-mode and the other game of the rest.

So that's true.. we only asked for SvM.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MacBryce

I thought everybody already knew that?

CaedusSaevire

actually, it was quite different from what Woosy says:

Ubi intended to release the Xbox360 and PC at the same time. Upon asking, Ubi confirmed the PC would be "Next-Gen", this was still with SvS.

Later on, Ubi made a 'grande' announcement about how they were planning to implement SvM upon request by the forum. The Next-Gen choice was already made.