Media Release

Started by frvge, April 23, 2010, 08:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

We're happy to be able to show you the work of 2D artist tigaer who has been working on HUDs and menus. Check it out and don't forget to comment on them. We went with a sliding-in/out HUD, so it can be as minimalistic as possible, without getting an annoyingly high amount of destracting animations.
The Merc has a slightly curved HUD for immersion.

Merc HUD
Merc Camnet
Merc Sniping

Spy minimalistic HUD
Spy HUD while hacking

Enjoy :)

PS: this is from the latest version of Lakehouse, which has had several new lighting passes. Thanks go to Zedblade.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

unskilled

Nice work guys. Sniper cross-hair looks like barret from bf2  :D and i feel mix of CT and DA, keep it up!   ;)

But where is spy life hud? ???

Cronky

Looks good enough to release a Beta. Those small things that aren't implemented yet(?) like...

Using Gadgets, Visions, Objectives, and Interactions with Others will be overlooked because of how awe-inducing the visuals look at the moment.

So go ahead, just do it. ;D

(I notice some of what I said above seems to be negated by what the pictures show. Only furthers my point ;))
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VaNilla

Wow, this is looking the fantastic! Awesome job :). I think the camnet HUD is a little too big, it might get in the way of vision, but apart from that I have to say it looks great :).

tigaer

Thanks guys. The Spy health bar will only show up when being used, same goes with everything else on the HUD (scoreboard, messages, chat, ect) minus Gadgets and obj/time, which will be the only constants, for the Spy atleast.

Now... you should see the menus. ;)

Farley4Fan

AWESOME!

And I have a question, is the HUD actually working at the moment or is that just the design overlaid on top of the screenshot?  Just wondering.  Looks great though tigaer. 

The game is coming along very nicely.  Well done everyone

When the spy backs away from the terminal, will it show a little percentage of how complete it is?  Will there be a timer that shows how much seconds you need to finish the hack?  I think that would work better than a bar but it probably will be fine.

frvge

They are posed screenshots, using DirectX 9 mode. DX10 makes it nicer graphically.
The HUD is overlaid. A percentage or something of the like will be shown. I don't know about timers that display the time needed.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Im going to have to have some alone time with these new images, excuse me :D.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

CurdyMilk

It all looks good.  Does the bar in the spy's HUD go up or down as the objective is being hacked?  Is there also a timer/percentage marker or just the bar?

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Awesome.
I want to play this game.
Fast.

Farley4Fan

CurdyMilk:

Quote from: frvge on April 24, 2010, 02:01:01 AM
They are posed screenshots, using DirectX 9 mode. DX10 makes it nicer graphically.
The HUD is overlaid. A percentage or something of the like will be shown. I don't know about timers that display the time needed.

Thanks for the response frvge.

frvge

To make it more clear: I'm not sure what we will show when you hack, but that there will be SOMETHING is probable.

tigaer

The bar will represent the progress while hacking. I don't have any plans to add a number while hacking, only the progress bar. That could change later though. When not hacking you'll have objective icons with percentages displayed in them, along with the location of the objective similar to CT.

Farley4Fan

You could put numbers on the bar.  You know, divide the bar into 10 intervals of 1 second and make some marks to show the seconds.

monterto

Great work guys! I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

I do not love the scoreboard though, I thought that was getting thrown out.  >:(
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]